You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This happened. Has anyone experienced this and what is the greyed out x for?  It would be great to move these windows out of the way.  Hey devs, are you working on this?

IMG_0422.jpeg

Edited by p_mac

• Staff

Hey p_mac,

You can get the pop up window to move accidentally if you rotate the ipad whilst the window is open - I logged this the other day :)  Sorry it's nothing exciting! 

The X resets a value that you've entered but it probably shouldn't look like it is greyed out/inactive...

Thanks Chris B or maybe ‘no thanks Chris B’, it would be nice if they could be detached, for the reply.   Interesting, about the X, it didn’t reset anything, it was just there.   

‘There is one issue that is annoying though that I should ask about.   When certain filters are opened, say S/H and you type in a positive number it replaces the old, however if the number you are working with is negative, it works as an arithmetic input. e.g, If the entry is -10 and you wish to test -5,  it become -10-5, or -15.  You need to clear -10 first before you enter -5. Why does this not work as it does with positive numbers?  I can see that if you wanted to multiply an number that might help but in most cases we would want slight changes not gross ones

• Staff
7 hours ago, p_mac said:

Interesting, about the X, it didn’t reset anything, it was just there.   

So if you type in a new value and then press the X, it doesn't reset to its original value—it should.

I think your second question is a matter of preference. I can definitely see your point but I've become accustomed to it. Changing a behaviour like that might upset more people if they are also accustomed to it. It's a tricky one but it's more of a feature request (to maybe add a behaviour toggle) than it is a bug.

His Chris B, I did do a little research on the X and yes it does have a functionality, however I think I would like to add a request, as you have stated, as I think that this could be improved.  It is a minor issue and probably won’t get any air time at this time with the release of Publisher yesterday.

The triad of awesome is now alive   

Thanks for for you help. 

Edited by p_mac
Grammar

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.