Sign in to follow this  
AffinityBrah

Affinity Designer Cloning Hot Key Doesn't Work as Well Anymore?

With the latest Mac Update, it seems that I am having a lot of trouble adjusting to the Cloning Hot Key (Command + Drag) that seems so different now. 

I use to do it with ease, but now what happens is that I end up just dragging the original to the location where I want to clone. Anyone else?

There is no "cloning" in Affinity Designer Do you mean Power Duplicate i.e Alt and drag?

Recording tip: Maybe show and example image or short video clip, there is a neat little app called Kap v2 that can make quick gif videos.

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

7 hours ago, firstdefence said:

There is no "cloning" in Affinity Designer Do you mean Power Duplicate i.e Alt and drag?

Recording tip: Maybe show and example image or short video clip, there is a neat little app called Kap v2 that can make quick gif videos.

I just tried both, it seems that I like to choose Command and Drag because I can also hold down Shift to keep that duplicated object aligned to the original one. Alt and Drag Disables Snapping