Sarge013

Select next Layer up/down keyboard shortcut?

Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut to select the next adjacent layer up/down? As opposed to needing to click on it.

I have tried searching, and looking at the available keyboard bindings but haven't found anything suitable, but i could very well be missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Only for Designer and Publisher. This is the Designer menu but the shortcuts work for Publisher too.

1523171294_ScreenShot2019-06-15at12_28_10PM.png.63a3a63d90d73ee892f4ba629d844f77.png

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.6

Affinity Designer 1.8.4 | Affinity Photo 1.8.4 | Affinity Publisher 1.8.4 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.x

3 hours ago, v_kyr said:

In Photo use ...

Those items move the selected layer up or down (forward or back) in the layer stack. They are not equivalent to the Select Next/Previous items in Designer or Publisher.

Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4, Affinity Publisher 1.8.4; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.4.186 & Affinity Designer 1.8.4.4 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1

That's why at the bottom of the posting you can read ...

18 hours ago, v_kyr said:

...for movement and selection. 

☛ Affinity Designer 1.8.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.8.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

45 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

That's why at the bottom of the posting you can read ...

I saw that, but my point is that selecting and moving a layer forward or backward in the layer stack is not equivalent to only selecting the next or previous layer. Besides, both require a current selection. Otherwise, those items are greyed out, so none of them provide a selection function as such.

Affinity Photo 1.8.4, Affinity Designer 1.8.4, Affinity Publisher 1.8.4; macOS Mojave 10.14.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 
1.8.4.186 & Affinity Designer 1.8.4.4 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.3.1