You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.1.399 (GM Preview)

when I download this it ends up being the new Affinity Designer update.  

The current Publisher beta I'm using has started randomly crashing/closing and it has random blurry pages.  I'm working on a 194 page book that has background images on the pages.  All was working fine but now the occasional blurry background pic.  Each image is on approx 30 pages.  The blurry ones are random individual pages.  Will I be able to open this publisher file in the final product tomorrow?  And, hopefully without these problems?

There are still problems with the text styles. Every time I want to change a style afterwards, the program stops responding and I have to restart the program.

Also, I miss the ability to open InDesign files and export again. When can you expect it?

I also do not have the HKS color tables, because I use these very often.

Which would also be helpful, if you can hide the studio tabs, these fixed on the edge also automatically, as it was possible in PagePlus as well as in InDesign.

Search for HKS Here in the forums, I think someone posted a palette already.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

58 minutes ago, jkmorticia said:

when I click the link above to download .399 it downloads a dmg file.  What do I do with that? 

my version .284 keeps crashing.  I think I've noticed that it's after I use Ctrl-0 and then start scroll through my pages.  

The link in this thread downloads a .exe.

You asked about .399 in the Mac forum, so that's where I originally directed you for the download. The link at the top of this thread should work for you, since you're on Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, PaRunk said:

There are still problems with the text styles. Every time I want to change a style afterwards, the program stops responding and I have to restart the program.

Also, I miss the ability to open InDesign files and export again. When can you expect it?

I also do not have the HKS color tables, because I use these very often.

Which would also be helpful, if you can hide the studio tabs, these fixed on the edge also automatically, as it was possible in PagePlus as well as in InDesign.

Since my main requirement is for designing brochures, banners, and vernacular adverts, should I be looking at CorelDraw then? I'm pretty used to Publisher/Designer by now, but vernacular language support is a necessity for me. 

Also, the way I type is using Google transliteration online, and copy the text from there to Publisher. 

Would love to hear your input on this, and if there's anyway I can go with a workaround. 

Thanks.