AdamW

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.1.399 (GM Preview)

Having problems installing as it results in a failure. I will try again tomorrow after a restart. All other versions have been no problem - and so close to going live!

I have previously in the same session updated Photo and Designer without problem.

Graham

20 hours ago, Chints said:

Hello,

Been using Publisher on and off (off mainly due to joint characters not supported in certain languages).

Say in, Gujarati or Hindi, Publisher is unable to type out characters which have a joint pronunciation.

I have an artwork getting ready. It says FREE MATTRESS, wherein it can be seen what Publisher types out.

image.thumb.png.57dcf67ffafd17baacf42ab419876bba.png\

Now, the real version (also as per Google) is as below:

image.thumb.png.8cee7d6b67365bfac272eae3de350d81.png

As a result of non-support of such texts, I unfortunately have to go back to CorelDraw for such purposes.

Would be awesome if this could be addressed.

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or am I the only one doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Just now, Chints said:

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or am I the only one doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Nothing wrong.

Actually Affinity does not support Indic Language open type support at all (GPOS) That's why conjunct does not work at all.
You can use Indic ANSI fonts in Serif Applications from like Shree Lipi fonts or GIST fonts but some character also will not come properly at Publisher due to there strange "Single Quote" auto correct. But as Designer or Photo does not have auto correct options so they works properly with Indic Language ANSI fonts.

I believe Serif need to support Indic Language Open type (LTR) fonts when they penetrate in Indian Market. :)

when I download this it ends up being the new Affinity Designer update.  

The current Publisher beta I'm using has started randomly crashing/closing and it has random blurry pages.  I'm working on a 194 page book that has background images on the pages.  All was working fine but now the occasional blurry background pic.  Each image is on approx 30 pages.  The blurry ones are random individual pages.  Will I be able to open this publisher file in the final product tomorrow?  And, hopefully without these problems?

There are still problems with the text styles. Every time I want to change a style afterwards, the program stops responding and I have to restart the program.

Also, I miss the ability to open InDesign files and export again. When can you expect it?

I also do not have the HKS color tables, because I use these very often.

Which would also be helpful, if you can hide the studio tabs, these fixed on the edge also automatically, as it was possible in PagePlus as well as in InDesign.

when I click the link above to download .399 it downloads a dmg file.  What do I do with that? 

my version .284 keeps crashing.  I think I've noticed that it's after I use Ctrl-0 and then start scroll through my pages.  

58 minutes ago, jkmorticia said:

when I click the link above to download .399 it downloads a dmg file.  What do I do with that? 

my version .284 keeps crashing.  I think I've noticed that it's after I use Ctrl-0 and then start scroll through my pages.  

The link in this thread downloads a .exe.

You asked about .399 in the Mac forum, so that's where I originally directed you for the download. The link at the top of this thread should work for you, since you're on Windows.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta

On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, PaRunk said:

There are still problems with the text styles. Every time I want to change a style afterwards, the program stops responding and I have to restart the program.

Also, I miss the ability to open InDesign files and export again. When can you expect it?

I also do not have the HKS color tables, because I use these very often.

Which would also be helpful, if you can hide the studio tabs, these fixed on the edge also automatically, as it was possible in PagePlus as well as in InDesign.

Since my main requirement is for designing brochures, banners, and vernacular adverts, should I be looking at CorelDraw then? I'm pretty used to Publisher/Designer by now, but vernacular language support is a necessity for me. 

Also, the way I type is using Google transliteration online, and copy the text from there to Publisher. 

Would love to hear your input on this, and if there's anyway I can go with a workaround. 

Thanks. 

On 6/18/2019 at 11:02 PM, PaRunk said:

if you can hide the studio tabs, these fixed on the edge also automatically, as it was possible in PagePlus

I love that PP's hide option for Studio tabs.