You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.1.399 (GM Preview)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements and Fixes
Requirements: 64 Bit Win 7 SP1 / Win 8.1 / Win 10  (>=1607)
Download: No longer available
Auto-update: No longer available

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Build 399 (GM Preview) is now available as a download from the link above. This is the build we hope to  ship to customers next week.

After launch we will start a new Customer Beta for those who have purchased the software and wish to have early access to on-going updates and fixes.

We hope you enjoy the product, and as always, if you've got any problems installing or running up, please don't hesitate to post in this thread. 

Any problems actually using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum

Many thanks to all users in the forum who have helped us get to where we are - we couldn't have done it without you.

---

Fixes and updates

Menus / Studio
Turned 'Clip To Canvas' off by default for Publisher only
Moved Stock panel to left had side in default studio setup
Shadows and Highlights updates
(Mac) Selection of swatch in Swatch Palette now considers overprint
(Win) Custom panel height is no longer reset on reopening the app
(Win) Fixes for Gradient Colour selector
(Win) Setting CMYK Colour profile in preferences was blanking Grey profile
(Win) Fixed Tint slider for Column Guides colour
(Mac) Fix for HSL Adjustment crashing on some setups

Tools
Fixed Drag-clone with Alt behaviour in Move Tool

Text / Tables
Fixed possible hang processing 'Keep With Next'
Fixed possible hang resizing table cells
Apply with Next Style was producing local formatting only
Fix for crash deleting pinned images in specific file
Setting capitalisation options on fields was causing them to disappear

Find and Replace
Updated search results to not display <U+XXXX> notation

Index
Fix issue with stale index topics failing to save correctly

Import / Export
Fixed issue exporting zero size bitmaps
---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 384

• Staff
45 minutes ago, erayjay7@yahoo.com said:

I was hoping to see Assets panel feature with this release.

erayjay7

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

What happens when you choose 'View' > 'Panels' > 'Asset panel'

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

2 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

What happens when you choose 'View' > 'Panels' > 'Asset panel'

I have the Assets panel visible by default here. It’s in the left-hand Studio group, sandwiched between ‘Pages’ and ‘Find and Replace’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Setup failed again while trying to update

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, thpook said:

Found a typo in text>insert>maths... text should read approximately.

Thanks, I will get this reported through the appropmiate means  ;) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I am still having issues with the spell check Beta 399  Windows 8

I have 'the society' in my text. It will not ignore the apostrophe 'the

Also it will not learn. I thought the problem was resolved in the previous beta but sadly not.

23 minutes ago, John T said:

I have 'the society' in my text. It will not ignore the apostrophe 'the

That isn’t an apostrophe, it’s a (straight) quotation mark! Do you get the expected result if you type

‘the society’

instead of

'the society'

?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

5 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That isn’t an apostrophe, it’s a (straight) quotation mark! Do you get the expected result if you type

‘the society’

instead of

'the society'

?

Sorry for the error had a late night.

Yes you have sorted it. Many thanks Alfred.

• Staff

@Rick G,

I'm aware you seem to have install issues quite frequently, do you get restarts after a fail?

I've just reproduced an issue where it restarted after an update, saying it failed. However it did actually succeed the install, do you get this behaviour?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

How works linked documents info afpub? I created Picture Frame and linked document (afpub) in proximity 1GB file and save the primary document. In Resource Manager, I see "Linked document", so after saving file have more than 1GB weight? If I duplicate a few times I've got more than 5GB file? 

I noticed that now because the file was huge now.

[EDIT]

Affinity for Windows 10.

Edited by Corny
I forgot mention about platform, Windows Edition.

Affinity Designer, Publisher and Photo | v1 - v2 

Hello,

Been using Publisher on and off (off mainly due to joint characters not supported in certain languages).

Say in, Gujarati or Hindi, Publisher is unable to type out characters which have a joint pronunciation.

I have an artwork getting ready. It says FREE MATTRESS, wherein it can be seen what Publisher types out.

image.thumb.png.57dcf67ffafd17baacf42ab419876bba.png\

Now, the real version (also as per Google) is as below:

image.thumb.png.8cee7d6b67365bfac272eae3de350d81.png

As a result of non-support of such texts, I unfortunately have to go back to CorelDraw for such purposes.

Would be awesome if this could be addressed.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Jon P said:

@Rick G,

I'm aware you seem to have install issues quite frequently, do you get restarts after a fail?

I've just reproduced an issue where it restarted after an update, saying it failed. However it did actually succeed the install, do you get this behaviour?

Thanks for the reply

Consistently I will download the Publisher update, Launch it and let it proceed though the update until it ends with a setup failed message

It went smoothly to that point but it wiped out the Publisher install (I have checked the program folder after the failure and the program is indeed gone)

Rebooting, and running the installer again, it then makes a fresh install successfully

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

• Staff

Ah ok, that's not something I've seen internally. I'm not sure if we have asked for these before but I can't find them, but can you attach the contents of your install logs found in %temp%\AffinitySetup ?

1 hour ago, Jon P said:

Ah ok, that's not something I've seen internally. I'm not sure if we have asked for these before but I can't find them, but can you attach the contents of your install logs found in %temp%\AffinitySetup ?

I no longer have them as I clean out the temp files nightly. I do have them posted all over this forum from past install failures that were exactly the same

I stopped posting them as there was never a reply but if you wish I can go back a beta then do the update again, generating the install logs

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

• Staff

I think I've looked at them before to be honest, the failure is here from one the ones I've dug up:

+Error: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

I'm not sure why something would have a lock on this, but it's probably why the restart fixes it as it clears it. I'll see if I can get any extra info on why this might be happening.

2 minutes ago, Jon P said:

I think I've looked at them before to be honest, the failure is here from one the ones I've dug up:

+Error: The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\Program Files\Affinity\Publisher Public Beta.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

I'm not sure why something would have a lock on this, but it's probably why the restart fixes it as it clears it. I'll see if I can get any extra info on why this might be happening.

I use an administrator account all the time so I should have sufficient privileges. Sometimes I will update publisher without ever launching it that day so that error may be hiding a deeper issue

OS build    22621.1928

yoda.png

I'm having "Setup failed" when I try to update photo/designer or publisher. I tried to run the installers as an administrator, but I still get the same error.

I tried uninstalling the software and re-install them from scratch, but they disappeared form Windows "Apps and Features"

Having problems installing as it results in a failure. I will try again tomorrow after a restart. All other versions have been no problem - and so close to going live!

I have previously in the same session updated Photo and Designer without problem.

Graham

20 hours ago, Chints said:

Hello,

Been using Publisher on and off (off mainly due to joint characters not supported in certain languages).

Say in, Gujarati or Hindi, Publisher is unable to type out characters which have a joint pronunciation.

I have an artwork getting ready. It says FREE MATTRESS, wherein it can be seen what Publisher types out.

image.thumb.png.57dcf67ffafd17baacf42ab419876bba.png\

Now, the real version (also as per Google) is as below:

image.thumb.png.8cee7d6b67365bfac272eae3de350d81.png

As a result of non-support of such texts, I unfortunately have to go back to CorelDraw for such purposes.

Would be awesome if this could be addressed.

Thanks.

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue? Or am I the only one doing something wrong?

Thanks.