You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.1.399 (GM Preview)

20 minutes ago, jkmorticia said:

What is and where can I find the latest version of Publisher beta for Windows?  I have .384  Is that the latest?

The latest is always in a pinned post at the top of this forum. Currently here. (.399)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The latest is always in a pinned post at the top of this forum. Currently here. (.399)

Is the .399 for Windows as well as for Mac? The post with the link to the update says that Mac is required, and doesn't say anything about Windows. Is there some way I could identify whether the download is for Windows or Mac?

​Sharon

8 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with the term "GM Preview". What does that mean, please?

Gold Master Preview.

The Gold Master is the version they're planning to release. The terminology probably comes from the recording industry where it described the physical object that would be used to press/stamp the new retail copies.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

4 minutes ago, CatLady said:

Is the .399 for Windows as well as for Mac? The post with the link to the update says that Mac is required, and doesn't say anything about Windows. Is there some way I could identify whether the download is for Windows or Mac?

You asked in the Mac forum, so I pointed you to the one in the Mac forum.

Edit: if you want the one for Windows, look in the corresponding Windows forum :)

Edit 2: or, here: 

-- Walt
PC:

39 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You asked in the Mac forum, so I pointed you to the one in the Mac forum.

Edit: if you want the one for Windows, look in the corresponding Windows forum :)

Edit 2: or, here: 

I didn't realize there was a different forum.  I find these a very confusing way to get answers and help.  I'll look for it because mine keeps crashing 

I had a HARD time finding the latest Windows update for Publisher! After maybe ... 40+ minutes wasted? ... I finally somehow clicked on a "Publisher bugs" link and found it. Guys, would you PLEASE make it easier to find the latest download? The link in the message box that comes up when one loads the program, that says there's a new update -- doesn't go to the place of the download for Windows. Maybe I'm dumber than most folks, but I'd bet others are having problems finding their Windows downloads, too! I didn't expect to find "Downloads" under "Bugs". That somehow seems ... inappropriate.

​Sharon

14 minutes ago, CatLady said:

I had a HARD time finding the latest Windows update for Publisher! After maybe ... 40+ minutes wasted? ... I finally somehow clicked on a "Publisher bugs" link and found it. Guys, would you PLEASE make it easier to find the latest download? The link in the message box that comes up when one loads the program, that says there's a new update -- doesn't go to the place of the download for Windows. Maybe I'm dumber than most folks, but I'd bet others are having problems finding their Windows downloads, too! I didn't expect to find "Downloads" under "Bugs". That somehow seems ... inappropriate.

Thank you!  I've been searching off and on all day with little useful help.  So frustrating. Now I need to see if I can find what you found.  Is this for something newer than .384 for Windows?  Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow for the full release.  Ugh

30 minutes ago, jkmorticia said:

Is this for something newer than .384 for Windows?

I pointed to it in my earlier response.

-- Walt
PC:

3 hours ago, jkmorticia said:

Thank you!  I've been searching off and on all day with little useful help.  So frustrating. Now I need to see if I can find what you found.  Is this for something newer than .384 for Windows?  Maybe I should just wait until tomorrow for the full release.  Ugh

Sorry I didn't see your post sooner!

IF it still works after release on June 19, it was here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/58-report-bugs-in-publisher-beta-on-windows/

I found it by clicking the "breadcrumb" at the top of the page for the Mac download; the "crumb" that was for forums for publisher.

In that page was a link "Report bugs in Publisher beta on Windows".

Inside that page was "Affinity Publisher Public Beta - 1.7.1.399 (GM Preview)"

Edited by CatLady
Correct wrong info on which "breadcrumb" to click to find the latest Windows download of Publisher.

​Sharon

• Staff
11 hours ago, CatLady said:

I had a HARD time finding the latest Windows update for Publisher! After maybe ... 40+ minutes wasted?

It's hard I agree, so to help with that there is a thread where the last post always points to the latest beta builds

MacOS thread

Windows thread

Those threads are pinned at the top of the first forum "news and Information"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon