You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Pro 11" vs 12" - Tool Icon Size

Is it just me, or are the tool icons on the iPad smaller and/or harder to see with the latest update to Designer?  

Is there a way to resize the icons on the iPad (I haven't been able to find it!)?

I may be desperate enough to get the 12" iPad, if the icons were proportionately larger.  Does anyone know if the icons would be larger, or would the drawing space just be larger?  Anybody?

Thanks in advance!

• Staff

Hi MaryAnne :)

The UI was made smaller in the latest update to accommodate the use of the smaller iPad models with a 7.9" screen. A few users have requested a settings option to return the UI to it's previous size, and so this may be an option we add in the future. In the meantime I'll move this thread to Feature Requests and Feedback so our devs can see your request!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 10:56 AM, Dan C said:

The UI was made smaller in the latest update to accommodate the use of the smaller iPad models with a 7.9" screen. A few users have requested a settings option to return the UI to it's previous size, and so this may be an option we add in the future. In the meantime I'll move this thread to Feature Requests and Feedback so our devs can see your request!

Please add me to that list of users that need the larger UI option :)

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, Dan C said:

I’d vote for even larger iCons for my old eyes. Would it be possible to have a magnifier similar to the Mac App icon bar magnifier option?

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would also plead for the ability to scale the interface. On my new iPad Pro 2021 12.9", the icons are not reliable to use with fingers, basically have to use the pencil and move my hand from one side to the other. Scalable UI would allow users to optimize their work flows better.

• 8 months later...

Well it’s a couple of years later… I’m shying away from using Designer on my 10.7 inch iPad because not only are the icons and other UI difficult to see, I make repeated errors with pencil or finger when using the app. Please please consider a way to scale the UI/icons/text on iPad!! thank you!