You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Invoking finder OS X 10.15 Catalina Fails

I've notice that in the AppStore and current beta of Photo that when Photo tries to open a finder window to open, save or export an image the beach ball displays and you have to force quit the application. This behaviour is not show in Affinity Designer from the AppStore.

• Staff

Hi,

Can you check your Privacy settings in

macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy Tab

On the left choose 'Files and Folders', and on the right side you should see Affinity Photo. Make sure you have given access to the Documents Folder, iCloud Drive and anywhere else you allow the app to have access.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Bedou,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind installing the latest Customer Beta (1.7.2.149 - RC1) and check if everything is now working correctly for you in Catalina please? Remember to keep the retail version installed since it required to run the Beta. Apart from that they are independent apps and don't interfere with each other. Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Can someone please help?  After clicking on the three dots in Photos and editing my photos in Affinity, I cannot save them back to Photos since upgrading to Catalina.  It's a real bummer to have to open the photo through Affinity itself and going Into the Photos.  Why is this happening now that I have Catalina.  Is Affinity still 32 bit?

• Staff

Hi Skirker,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
All Affinity Apps are 64 bits. The issue you are experiencing is a known bug (affects macOS Catalina only) that's already marked/logged to be looked at. We hope to have a fix for it soon. I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.