You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Screen refresh (moved)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @ericGa,

I've not been able to replicate this yet, panning/zooming on pages retains the text frame(s) bounding boxes, even with them deselected. Could you confirm if disabling Hardware Acceleration (Preferences > Performance > Untick> Reset App) resolves this? Additionally, could you send a screenshot of your 'About This Mac' Specs?

Many thanks!

26 minutes ago, NathanC said:

I've not been able to replicate this yet, panning/zooming on pages retains the text frame(s) bounding boxes, even with them deselected. Could you confirm if disabling Hardware Acceleration (Preferences > Performance > Untick> Reset App) resolves this? Additionally, could you send a screenshot of your 'About This Mac' Specs?

FWIW, the blue bounding boxes and size handles disappear for all object types while I'm zooming. I thought this was as designed so I'd never mentioned it. The contents of the objects - text, fill, images... remain visible, it's just the bounding boxes and size handles that temporarily disappear. They don't disappear when moving the page with the trackpad.

The bounding boxes and size handles also disappear when I select the View tool (hand icon) even if the page isn't being moved or scaled but I assume that is as designed.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff
12 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

The bounding boxes and size handles also disappear when I select the View tool (hand icon) even if the page isn't being moved or scaled but I assume that is as designed.

Thanks, it's not something i've noticed before but this is the same for me with the hand/view tool selected, so this is likely by design but i'll confirm. I've also noticed that OP is not using the Mouse wheel/Cursor to zoom/pan from what I can tell, when I use the CMD shortcut keys to zoom it does disappear for a split second and then redraw.

5 minutes ago, NathanC said:

Thanks, it's not something i've noticed before but this is the same for me with the hand/view tool selected, so this is likely by design but i'll confirm. I've also noticed that OP is not using the Mouse wheel/Cursor to zoom/pan from what I can tell, when I use the CMD shortcut keys to zoom it does disappear for a split second and then redraw.

I always forget you can zoom with the scroll wheel. Yes, I get that same blinking as you when I do that until I pause or release and then the lines are redrawn. I normally pinch to zoom and with that the lines disappear entirely until I pause or release.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)