You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

what have you done to Designer ??

Response is super slow, I can't drag objects, I have to click twice to place a node with the pen - my product has gone from being a great tool to being unusable. Drawing with the pencil I get a straight line from first click to last. Cursor over an object shows incorrectly as a transform handle. It's broken!!

• Staff

Hi JoyAllen :)

I'm very sorry to hear you're having trouble with the latest update, as mrtymcln has mentioned above, the more information you can provide surrounding your setup can help us to rectify this issue.

You can try resetting your app back to it's default settings, as this may help here.

You can reset your app back to its default settings by holding down the CTRL key while launching the app. When the Clear User Data window appears, click Select All and then Clear. The app will now open.

Be aware that resetting your app back to its default settings will lose any custom settings such as keyboard shortcuts and brushes etc. To backup such settings before resetting the app, please watch our Affinity - Exporting User Settings and Keyboard Shortcuts video. https://vimeo.com/18959657

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff
15 hours ago, JoyAllen said:

Drawing with the pencil I get a straight line from first click to last. 

We have replicated this when switching to another application and clicking on the UI to switch back to Designer. It has been reported to the developers. If you click on the view (when coming back from another application) the stylus continues to function. Sorry for this regression.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

OK, I got a bit excited. My apologies for being a bit rude. I had a task I'd been putting off, so I was frustrated in my good intentions. This morning, things seem to be back to normal. For the record, it is a Win 10 Home machine, v 1803, os build 17134.829. product version is 1.7.0.367. I was using my Wacom tablet and stylus. Periodically I do have problems with the tablet, particularly with the cursor not updating to the correct one for the tool being used. A reboot generally fixes things. For now I will get back to work. If I have further problems that seem related, I may post again. Thank you for your attention to my problem.

@JoyAllen Hi Joy, you can add basic details in your signature that will display whenever you post, saves spec, os and app questions all the time. The signature section is under Account Settings.   

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

29 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

The signature section is under Account Settings.

Here’s a ‘clicky’ for you: Account Settings

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 6/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, JoyAllen said:

Periodically I do have problems with the tablet, particularly with the cursor not updating to the correct one for the tool being used

I was having this issue on my Deco 03, and not just periodically. The solution was disabling Windows Ink.

Windows 11 Pro, XP-Pen Deco 03, AP, AD & APub

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 2:25 AM, firstdefence said:

@JoyAllen Hi Joy, you can add basic details in your signature that will display whenever you post, saves spec, os and app questions all the time. The signature section is under Account Settings.   

On 6/17/2019 at 2:55 AM, Alfred said:

Here’s a ‘clicky’ for you: Account Settings

Can't find it anywhere !

How many posts do I have to have before the "signature" section appears in Account Settings?

iPad 6  128 GB  :  iOS 12.3  :  Affinity Photo iOS 1.7.1.143  :  Affinity Designer iOS 1.7.1.1

• Staff
1 hour ago, Aph said:

How many posts do I have to have before the "signature" section appears in Account Settings?

To stop spammers from abusing our forums, all new users need 3 or more posts to elevate your account from 'new members' to 'members'. You've just hit this target, but I've manually applied the change to your account now, so you should find the setting appear shortly :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!