You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Justify Text -- Way to clean up odd spacing between yet?

I saw there was at least one post from a while back requesting a way to clean up justified text so the page is not left with odd spacing. I believe someone noted that this feature would be added to Publisher at some point. Is there a way to do this yet? Or at least a roundabout way that would work in time for my book release?

1 hour ago, jrkay said:

If you go to the View/Studio/Text Frame dialogue there is a tickable box "Balance Text in Columns" which might do what you need.

I am not quite sure if this is the solution for @rebekahly's question. 'Balance Text in Columns' makes both columns of about the same hight. But it does not change the spacing within the text.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

16 hours ago, rebekahly said:

I saw there was at least one post from a while back requesting a way to clean up justified text so the page is not left with odd spacing. I believe someone noted that this feature would be added to Publisher at some point. Is there a way to do this yet? Or at least a roundabout way that would work in time for my book release?

Are you using the Justify All setting?   Have you tried the Justify Left setting, clicking on the downward arrow, per attached?   I find that with that setting, the word spacing for all lines in a paragraph tend to look quite uniform.    Then if there is a line or two that has some too-wide spaces between words, I manually hyphenate the first word in the next line, forcing some letters back up to fill in the space.   Not perfect, but it is a workaround.   Once in awhile, I also change the tracking for a few words in a single line if nothing else works.  Perhaps this may help?  

952933584_ScreenShot2019-06-15at12_59_45PM.png.86e67be06a8ddc3d6c24d658c4cfc9ec.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9