You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save document

When using Save As the following message happens "Failed to save document: /Users/.../file name.afphoto. Save Failed. Access was denied.

[ACCESS]

Do you wish to save the document to a new file?

macOS Mojave 10.14.5, Affinity Photo 1.7.0

I get the same "failed to save" response when selecting save to a new file.

Edited by Vince9

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 7/16/2019 at 10:27 AM, Gabe said:

Hi @Vince9,

Welcome to the forums and sorry for the delayed reply. 

Where do you try to save it? Is that location on a removable drive? Network drive? Local drive? Can you save to a diferent location?

Thanks,

Gabe.

Same identical problem here.

It happens on the local drive. It will save on the iCloud Affinity Photo folder but in all the rest of the disk it just won't.

I have the exact same issue.

More details: 

• I am working on cleaning up scans. The first few (2 or 3?) will save just fine. Then I will get one where I get the "permission denied" error.
    • Once I hit the error, I cannot save to any directory on the local drive, nor on an external drive.
    • I can still save to iCould (phew, did not loose all those edits! Thanks Allesando!)
  • The only way to get back to work is to close Affinity Photo, then start it up again.
  • The scans are sizable, order of 50 MB each. My system has 16 GB, Core i7 processor, 2 TB hard drive with 700 GB free. MacOS 10.14.6, Affinity Photo 1.7.3
  • I am working from an admin account, and I have full access to the system, and the drives I tried to save stuff. It is almost as if affinity (or MacOS) forgot who the user is.

• 1 year later...