You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Windows crashes when grouping layers

Ever since the upgrade when I try to group layers AP crashes. This is within a saved AP file.

Windows 7 - 64 bit ~ AP 1.7.0.367

Is there a later patch after this version? I had no problems before other than kind of laggy but I don't have a real powerful computer, either so it was not unexpected. Can I just uninstall then reinstall the previous version?

EDIT 6.15.19 I saved this file as a jpg and created a couple of layers in the jpg file, grouped them and there were no issues. ALSO, I did not mention that I had grouped layers in the original file so the crash is happening after the RAW file is saved as an Affinity Photo file with the history saved.

Edited by jstudley

Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 / Build 19045.2604

Desktop Computer

Affinity Photo (beta) 2.1.0.1709

Very Kindly,

Jeff Studley

Here is mine.

I edited my original post to note that this is happening ONLY within a file saved as an AP file. I exported the AP file as a jpg, opened the jpg and created a couple of layers without an issue.

ND_Tests_6685.afphoto

Windows 10 Home Version 22H2 / Build 19045.2604

Desktop Computer

Affinity Photo (beta) 2.1.0.1709

Very Kindly,

Jeff Studley

5 hours ago, eftee74 said:

This is my file.

Thank you

DSC_3011_01.afphoto

HI,

Yes, it is reproducible.
As I had in mind, it is the "Live Noise Reduction Filter" that caused the problem.
This requires further research by the development team.
Now, if you want the live filter only to affect a specific layer then it's better to add the adjustment layer as a child.

EDIT

And to add to this ...
You don't need a separate mask to a Live Filter Layer.
They have a build in mask !!

Hubert

Assistent.jpg

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

51 minutes ago, jstudley said:

Here is mine.

I edited my original post to note that this is happening ONLY within a file saved as an AP file. I exported the AP file as a jpg, opened the jpg and created a couple of layers without an issue.

ND_Tests_6685.afphoto

Sorry jstudley, but I cant open your file ...

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

Thank you Hubert,

I can confirm you conclusion. I have checked other files with Live Noise Filter.

Sorry for the OT, but just to say I was using a separated mask because a wanted to group some layer and make them alla affected by that mask. I don't know if it is an efficient workflow... I'm quite new to AP .

Francesco

• 3 weeks later...