Dj7

Update has ruined affinity photo

Hey has anyone else noticed affinity phot being now totally unusable. 

Since the update I’ve experienced these issues:

*paint brush freezing,

*erase freezing

*app crashing after refining selection

*after crash at least 20 steps are erased taking me back to the beginning of the work flow.

*wont download samples

*stalling when pinching to zoom in and out.

i have the 11” iPad Pro, I tried erasing the app and reinstalling. I have no other apps open when I’m using photo. 

The drop in reliability is shocking, I sing this apps praises and genuinely love it, hence why I’m voicing my concern.

is anyone else experiencing similar things and have any fixes?

many thanks

There have been a few minor issues and new version will likely be released soon.

I take it you have already performed the normal iPad reset which clears a great majority of iPad problems on any app. Close all apps then press power and volume down(or home) until you see Apple logo.

Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

Hi Dj7,

A beta of Affinity Photo for iPad has been running for the past week or so which contains a lot of performance tweaks and fixes. We're hoping to release this in the next couple of days.

2 minutes ago, Chris B said:

the past week or so which contains a lot of performance tweaks and fixes

I think we know what you meant, Chris! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

I just installed the latest update. It fixed my lagging problems now there are instant results from touching the screen with the pencil to seeing the change, working on psd files. Previously the app would freeze up for several seconds then apply the change.

Works great.

Thanks  :)