If I make any two straight-edged object and align their straight sides, Designer still shows (and outputs) a small gap between them.

I have a series of triangles with rectangles beneath them, making white pillars. Unless I overlap them, Designer outputs a faint grey line between the two objects, when I expect there to be no visible gap.

Designer 1.7 Release

Vitrector_Adornments.afdesign

VitArt_Pillars.png

Pillars_Closeup.png

Hi @ffca,

Sorry for the delayed reply. 

This is not a bug. You don't have integer values for Position (X, Y) and Size (W, H). When you export in a raster format, those values fall in between full pixels, therefore you will have "lines". If you fix the values (Just round them up to the nearest integer value) you should be fine. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

8 hours ago, GabrielM said:

You don't have integer values for Position (X, Y) and Size (W, H). When you export in a raster format, those values fall in between full pixels, therefore you will have "lines". If you fix the values (Just round them up to the nearest integer value) you should be fine. 

Ah, so even when working on projects destined for print it may be a good idea to use "force pixel alignment"?

There’s no obvious reason to keep the rectangles and their respective triangles separate. If it were me, I’d overlap the shapes and Boolean add them.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)