You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFP beta 1.7.1.141 HSL problem

• Staff

Hi Richard,

This is the attempted fix for the bug which would have crashed you before :)

Does it do this all the time - or just sometimes? It looks to me like macOS 10.13 is misreporting the retina capability of an external monitor (or similar).

Incorrect it may be, but at least now it does not crash - so we can try to find out what combination of external monitor / macOS version provokes the issue!

Thanks,

A

Andy,

I haven't had much time to play around with the HSL adjustment layer control.  It sometimes displays normally, then it becomes "whacky," and once it does, I don't know how to get it back to normally.  Saving my work, closing the file and reopening it seems to work, so I guess that is better than a crash.  If I knew a way to get the control back to normal, I guess I could live with this.  As it is though ...

The monitor is a BenQ SW271.  About This Mac | Displays says "61-inch (3840 x 2160)", but it is really only 27" UHD.

Edited by Richard Liu
Crossed out a sentence and added one after it.

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

• Staff

Hi,

This may be related then - the misreporting of the monitor might be the root cause of the issue..

I can confirm that we have received no crash reports from users who have the same monitor but are using macOS 10.14 - if that helps..

We will continue to investigate - but I am pleased that we have at least solved the hard-crash issues you have been experiencing.

Thanks,

A

35 minutes ago, Andy Somerfield said:

Hi,

This may be related then - the misreporting of the monitor might be the root cause of the issue..

I can confirm that we have received no crash reports from users who have the same monitor but are using macOS 10.14 - if that helps..

We will continue to investigate - but I am pleased that we have at least solved the hard-crash issues you have been experiencing.

Thanks,

A

Probably not important, but the HSL Adjustment is working perfectly here.

1251133233_ScreenShot2019-06-14at3_15_03PM.thumb.png.fda66cc99e67d34410132ef27899094c.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Andy,

I was editing the message as you were replying.  In the meantime I have found that restarting Affinity Photo seems to clear up the problem of the "whacky" HSL control ... until whatever provokes this behavior recurs.  In the sense that I can still save my work and restart AFP, this is certainly preferable to losing work because of a crash.

Richard Liu

More to clearing up the "whacky" (distorted) HSL control.  It's distorting on my external display.  If I move it to my laptop's display and then back to the external display, the control appears normal.

Richard Liu

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.