You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Version 1.7.0 (1.7.135) Critical Failure and Crash

I have Affinity Photo on my 2013 MacBook Pro. For context, this Mac is pretty much maxed out spec wise for the year it was released.

I have used affinity photo by and large with no issues, however the new version crashes instantly when I try to retouch a photo using healing brush or patch tool (like I have countless times before). The response with using the patch tool in particular is slow, glitchy and after I complete the task, the Mac pinwheel spins for a few seconds and then the program crashes (I can provide the crash report if that’s helpful). I repeat… any use of these tools, great or small, results in immediate crash. I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled and still deal with these critical issues.

I can’t stress to you enough how I little time I have to deal with this. The new version downloaded automatically and I need to go back to the old version immediately so that I can resume working. I am on deadlines and the old version worked perfectly for what I need. The new version is completely unusable to me and I need someone to provide me a way to get the previous version ASAP while this issue is resolved. I need to get back to work today.

• Staff

@ChrisTeague

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Sorry about the problems you are having. We are very close to releasing a 1.7.1 patch for your version, but in the meantime you can install the (parallel) beta from here

Hopefully it addresses some or all of your problems. If not please post back with which ones remain and we can investigate next week when the QA staff return.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Dude. Beta crashed too. This updated automatically and it's totally unusable. I can’t wait for a version update that won’t solve my problem. I need the old version so I can work. This is my job. It's my only option.

Edited by ChrisTeague

• Staff

Sorry this has not helped.

Are you on the Mac app store (I suspect that you are). There is no way to roll back the Mac app store builds, but I have a suggestion to get you over this problem job. It's not a long term solution but it could help you today. 

I suggest that you buy copy of Affinity Photo on the Affinity Store affin.co/ASPhoto on a 14 day money back guarantee. Install version 1.6.5 from here for Windows or 1.6.11 from here for macOS using the product key of your order. Then before the 14 days are up ask for a refund. 

The only other solution is to try to work out why your system is crashing when it does not for others, but that will take longer, sorry.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1.7 continually crashes my system. I am using on an iMac late 2013 running 10.4  and have been trying for days to refine a selection. Works for a while then just hangs and so does everything thing else on my computer . Sometimes if I leave a go away the rest unfreezes - but not always, but the refine selection does not - stays on the spinning ball . The only way to resolve is to close Affinity and lose everything I have done . It is driving me crazy.