You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

affinity photo crashing since update

Since the update Affinity Photo stalled on me several times - now it just crashes (turns off). It has crashed 4 times this morning. I'm working on an older but up-to-date geforce 660 gpu and a i7 64bit architecture. Any thoughts?

• Staff

Hi anger,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.1.140 and check if it still crashes for you? You can find the link at the top of the following thread. Remember to keep the current Mac App Store version installed since its needed to validate the Beta. If you still experience crashes with this Customer Beta, click the More info button (or similar wording) in the crash dialog to display the full crash report window. Press and hold alt and drag the icon from the crash report title bar to your desktop to create a copy of the crash report there. Then please attach that file to your reply here. Thank you.

19 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi anger,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind installing the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.1.140 and check if it still crashes for you? You can find the link at the top of the following thread. Remember to keep the current Mac App Store version installed since its needed to validate the Beta. If you still experience crashes with this Customer Beta, click the More info button (or similar wording) in the crash dialog to display the full crash report window. Press and hold alt and drag the icon from the crash report title bar to your desktop to create a copy of the crash report there. Then please attach that file to your reply here. Thank you.

Thank you - I'll try it. ;)

• Staff

No worries angier. Click this link to download the Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.1.140 DMG file. After the download finishes double-click the DMG file you downloaded. Drag the Affinity Photo icon on the left side over the Applications folder icon on the right side in the Finder windows that will open - that's it. Let it copy/install the application. When finished launch it from the Launchpad as usual. Let me know if you still have issues.

Thanks for posting this. I was having the same issue exporting a file to .PNG. Its strange because it just started happening. One minute I was able to export and the next the app just kept stalling and crashing. The beta works great, thank you!

Thank you for answering my support request so quickly and offering me the beta program. I worked with the paint mixer and smudge brushes pretty hard with no crashes (please see the attached artwork). But I've got to tell ya.... installing the Af. Photo beta kinda messed with my computer a bit. I'm on an older system so when the installer automatically restarted my computer without asking permission, it caused some problems - nothing major but it scared me. May I please suggest that y'all ALWAYS ask permission to restart someone's computer!!! Thanks again for the help today. Angela Roberts

Affinity Photo Art by Angela Roberts 06142019.jpg