Pattou

Text tools and box with white fill ?

I upgrade APh yesterday and the first use of the text tool (either artistic or frame text) created a white fill box. I've never had this problem. I did not find a way to have transparent box except by changing the blend mode.

Capt.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

17 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hi Pattou,

If you go to the Text menu > Show Character do you have a colour set for the Background swatch? 

Hi Chris,

I do not think so...

P

Capt.JPG

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i7 5820K 3.30 GHz - NVIDIA GTX 1070 - Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB - RAM 64 Go

Just now, Chris B said:

Hi Pattou,

I can't see the Character panel in your screenshot. This is what I'm referring to:

Here it is, no colour set.

Capt.JPG

15 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hi Pattou,

I can't see the Character panel in your screenshot. This is what I'm referring to:

No way to get it without the white fill. I can add a colour but white remains :/

Capt.JPG

Capt'.JPG

Capt''.JPG

You aren't pasting the text in are you? 

Can you attach a test file? I'm hoping that if I open your test file, it will change some of my UI settings when I interact with the text box. 

1 minute ago, Chris B said:

Can you attach a test file? I'm hoping that if I open your test file, it will change some of my UI settings when I interact with the text box. 

No, I write directly with the text tool, and I'll see.

4 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Strange, I close APh, open another file (jpeg), type with the artistic tool (fine), reopen the tiff file, type any text and it is now fine... sorry, it does not happen again. I should have done all this before starting the thread :$

4 minutes ago, Pattou said:

Strange, I close APh, open another file (jpeg), type with the artistic tool (fine), reopen the tiff file, type any text and it is now fine... sorry, it does not happen again. I should have done all this before starting the thread :$

It's always worth reporting something you think is unusual. There was something clearly off about the file you were working in. If it happens again, please save it and resurrect this thread :) 

I don't know if this is related : this time, using the artistic tool and writing crashed APh that suddenly closed with no recovery file...

19 hours ago, Chris B said:

It's always worth reporting something you think is unusual. There was something clearly off about the file you were working in. If it happens again, please save it and resurrect this thread :) 

APh immediately crashed and closed after I launched FontBase and wanted to modify the text (artistic tool ; FontBase was launched in my previous crashes), no recovery file.

Again, I do not know whether there is a link...

I attempted to install FontBase but it was immediately flagged as being dangerous. I realise it most likely isn't dangerous but I decided not to proceed. If you tried uninstalling it temporarily to see if it is conflicting with Affinity, how much of a hassle would it be? Any 3rd party app has the potential to cause crashes so we should try and rule it out if possible. 

12 minutes ago, Chris B said:

I attempted to install FontBase but it was immediately flagged as being dangerous. I realise it most likely isn't dangerous but I decided not to proceed. If you tried uninstalling it temporarily to see if it is conflicting with Affinity, how much of a hassle would it be? Any 3rd party app has the potential to cause crashes so we should try and rule it out if possible. 

I've just started a new thread before seeing your post. I'll see whether problems persist before uninstalling it, and it seems to go better when I first start FB (before APh, more rational indeed but forget sometimes).