You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Non breaking space shortcut

You can re-map the shortcuts in Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts in Publisher pulldown Text.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Just now, Joachim_L said:

You can re-map the shortcuts in Preferences Keyboard Shortcuts in Publisher pulldown Text.

Thanks, I am aware of this, but reporting this as a bug, since the current default one will never work on Windows.

Has anyone found a workable alternative? The ones I tried didn't seem to work.

8 minutes ago, OzNate said:

Thanks, I am aware of this, but reporting this as a bug, since the current default one will never work on Windows.

Is this so? Alt+Space works for me on Windows (8.1).

But obviously not for Windows 10 as I researched a few minutes ago. So you are partially right. ;)

Added: Alternatively tweak Windows with https://www.autohotkey.com/

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Alt-Space has been around in Windows for decades. It is the equivalent of clicking a program's icon (to the left of the file menu).

I have decided to use the InDesign shortcut, which is Ctrl-Alt-x. They also couldn't use Alt-space to match the Mac equivalent, because of Windows using this combination.

I always suspected, that the IT folks at my company gave me a Linux machine disguised as Win 8.1 >:( Maybe I am the only one having no problem with this shortcut, so this is indeed a bug.

------

42 minutes ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @OzNate,

I could not replicate this either. Alt+Space works fine. It only interferes with the default Win if you don't have a text frame selected, which is expected. 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Hmmm. Now it's the same for me.  Weird. Maybe this is a non-issue after all but I am going to keep testing.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.