You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Plug-Ins, Add-Ons, Add-Ins, Extensions

Being a tester of Publisher here for while watching wishes, suggestions. The wanted features for a software vary with each personal demand. Some want a calendar wizard, some want a Word Count, some want a QR-generator, some want this some want that. Personally I don't need none of the listed above. But this is fine, I accept the fact and not judge that others have other demands.

So wouldn't it be nice if there would be a possibility for extending APublisher/ADesigner/APhoto with third-party software/scripts? A kind of store where you can buy the extra feature you want? So Affinity could focus on the core and would others do the gimmicks/extras. I am confident that this move will open the Affinity Range to a wider market. Often enough I was reading "I won't buy Publisher until it has this feature". On the other hand there must be someone who see the (financial) benefit programming the extensions.

Just an idea. ;)

P.S.: I would love to see a ADesigner plug-in for my vinyl cutter.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I think once publisher is officially launched people may well be more interested in doing that. I was thinking of some kind of resource website for stylesheets, tutorials and templates kind of thing.

There is already a forum with resources, but in my eyes not well structured.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/11-resources/

and tutorials of course (also not well structured):

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/9-tutorials-serif-and-customer-created-tutorials/

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

On 6/14/2019 at 3:30 AM, Joachim_L said:

Being a tester of Publisher here for while watching wishes, suggestions. The wanted features for a software vary with each personal demand. Some want a calendar wizard, some want a Word Count, some want a QR-generator, some want this some want that. Personally I don't need none of the listed above. But this is fine, I accept the fact and not judge that others have other demands.

So wouldn't it be nice if there would be a possibility for extending APublisher/ADesigner/APhoto with third-party software/scripts? A kind of store where you can buy the extra feature you want? So Affinity could focus on the core and would others do the gimmicks/extras. I am confident that this move will open the Affinity Range to a wider market. Often enough I was reading "I won't buy Publisher until it has this feature". On the other hand there must be someone who see the (financial) benefit programming the extensions.

Just an idea. ;)

P.S.: I would love to see a ADesigner plug-in for my vinyl cutter.

It is common for this to happen.  However, my thoughts are it would only add a burden on Serif to have to staff and add functionality to accredit each offerings.  Not sure how that would impact allowing them to focus more on core issues.  But still, I'm sure you will see such plugins appear.  Look at WordPress as an example.

Edited by RickyO
Typos

RickyO
APhADe and APu user
New User as of Mar, 2018
(Still stumbling along given too many directions at any given moment)
Windows10 platform

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, fde101 said:

I would expect that burden to fall primarily on the shoulders of those developing the add-ons.

Umm I do not understand what you are saying here. I stated the FACT I create and sell add ons for affinity designer.s Have been a year or so, I also have ben instrumental in getting Affinity and Filter Forge to add a FF plugin for APhoto program. So I stilm do NOT understand what you are trying to convey here.

19 minutes ago, LyricsGirl said:

Umm I do not understand what you are saying here

Look at the header where I quoted another post - I was replying to RickyO, not to your post.

You indicated you are selling styles and macros, while RickyO was commenting related to the subject of programmed add-ons (plugins or scripts, which from what I have seen the Affinity macros are not), which is an entirely different subject.

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

Look at the header where I quoted another post - I was replying to RickyO, not to your post.

You indicated you are selling styles and macros, while RickyO was commenting related to the subject of programmed add-ons (plugins or scripts, which from what I have seen the Affinity macros are not), which is an entirely different subject.

1 hour ago, fde101 said:

I would expect that burden to fall primarily on the shoulders of those developing the add-ons.

Umm I do not understand what you are saying here. I stated the FACT I create and sell add ons for affinity designer.s Have been a year or so, I also have ben instrumental in getting Affinity and Filter Forge to add a FF plugin for APhoto program. So I stilm do NOT understand what you are trying to convey here.

**********Apologies! My mistake*****