You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Modal dialogs show up in the wrong macOS space

I think this applies to the whole Affinity suite (but for sure to Publisher): When any of the three apps resides in its own macOS space (10.14.5), modal dialogs pop up not in this space but in the default Finder space. This can be very confusing: The app seemingly stops to respond because it expects the user to click on a button but the user isn’t even aware of this button unless she swipes spaces in a desperate attempt to check if the whole Mac just freezed.

(Maybe a bit of exaggeration helps driving this bug to extinction.)

Again, see my response to your other spaces related bug, this is a Apple/Mac bug.

Is the key combo Command + Tab set up for you to switch between Applications? I use that to get out of the problem and I also have the keyboard shortcuts set up like this so I don't have to swipe. Control + 1, 2 or 3.

1682387501_ScreenShot2019-06-14at8_58_44AM.thumb.png.baca5ce5714be764a110d910fa2403b5.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thanks for your response, Old Bruce. As far as i recall most apps I use don’t show this kind of behavior. So maybe there is something Affinity can do, I don’t know.

When this happens the problem is not that you have to swipe spaces to get to the modal dialog. The problem is that you don’t have a clue that there is a modal dialog and wonder why the application doesn’t respond anymore — unless you swipe to the default space.

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

The problem is that you don’t have a clue that there is a modal dialog ...

This is one of the reasons I gave running multiple monitors. It is so easy to lose stuff and be frozen out but only sometimes. Plus there is a cacophony of system beeps for entertainment.

Still and all I really do like, and use, the spaces feature.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.