You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placed Images seem to ignore "Properties" setting of the Picture Frame

I'm not a pre-press/designer person so this may be normal but when I create a Picture Frame and then place an image it is often scaled differently than the original. This happens even if I go into the Properties panel and select the "None" option for scaling prior to placing the image. Often, after placing the image and then replacing the image, the scaling really gets weird. 

I've done this with a png file and an AD 1.7.0 file and it happens with both. Apologies in advance if I just don't know what I'm doing!

Reproduced in 399.

1. Open new file

2. In the default Master...

3. Draw Picture Frame (70mm wide x 180mm, slightly smaller than the image to be placed)

4. Click on the "Properties" button.

5. Specify, No Scaling

6. Click on "Place Image Tool"

Image will be "scaled." Certainly not original size. 

Check "Resources" panel. Placed DPI will be different than the original file.

13" MBP mid-2012, Mojave 10.14.5
marcus

scaling.afpub

Edited by mkaneshiro
Added reproducibility details

In Afpub a resources "original" 100% size is related to the document resolution – not to the resources resolution. That means to place an image in 72 dpi in 100% (a screenshot for instance) you need at first to set your document resolution to 72 dpi to make the image get placed in correct size. Quite weird feature.

This was documented and discussed in several threads, with no success yet.
Possibly this was questioning too much the concept of a document resolution at all in AfPub.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.