You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF changes opacity effect

Possible bug... I have a soccer net pattern in the background at 35% Screen blending into a solid blue (first screenshot) but when I export to PDF the graphic is much less transparent (second screenshot). It looks like the opacity has changed to 60% or more. Every PDF preset I tried did the same thing. In the end I had to lower it to 10% to get it to print out right.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 5.59.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 6.00.11 PM.png

We are blessed and cursed with all the various blending modes, try using Overlay, you may not need to use 35%. 

(Aside: Bottom right "SPORTSFIELDS" Please tighten it up, looks like "SPOR  TFIELDS". I won't be able to get to sleep tonight for worrying about it. [smiley face emoticon])

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi, here's the file but with everything else stripped away except the background color and the graphic that blends into it. There are ways to work around this issue (or do the file differently - I was copying the original layout from InDesign) but it still shouldn't be changing the opacity. I tried a JPEG instead and it was fine so it appears to just be PDF files.

background transparency.afpub

It is a bug with the Vector Crop Tool object: Once applied AND minimally moved, the appearance of the blend mode changes.
Just cropping a shape must not influence its color at all.

Attached an .afpub with 3 shapes only, both circles are set identically to "Screen" and 35%.
The different looks are even visible in their layer panel icons.

v399 vector crop mask - blend mode.afpub

809214383_vectorcroptool-blendmode.jpg.1fde40c7ff90f45b0d87f6e67e0350b9.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.