You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will be a free update from 1.9 to 2.0?

There is a post about future V1 Os compatibility patches.
so it is not abandoned just feature frozen and not on sale anymore.

Sketchbook (with Affinity Suite usage) | timurariman.com | https://bansheebyte.artstation.com/store

Windows 11 Pro - 22H2 | Ryzen 5800X3D | RTX 3090 - 24GB | 128GB |
Main SSD with 1TB | SSD 4TB | PCIe SSD 256GB (configured as Scratch disk) |

On 11/9/2022 at 6:06 PM, Patrick Connor said:

To all here.

40% off as cheap as we can make it. If there were a way we could do an upgrade offer to previous owners that would be 100% fair and miss nobody out (and not break the rules of the Apple Store and the Mac App Store) it would still not be cheaper than 40% off for upgraders. In fact it would just be LESS reduced for non-upgraders, so this 40% is the upgrade price. Please don't be jealous that others who have never had our software are being offered your special price of 40% off, just be pleased for them and you.

This is rather sanctimonious and is not the kind of tone of voice that will do Serif any favours with its userbase, at a time when you are seeking to win people over. Alienating existing customers is the last thing the company needs right now I'm sure.

For a textboox example of how to talk to unhappy customers, to show empathy, build rapport and try to win them over, please see Ash's post here

• Staff
11 minutes ago, craftycurate said:

This is rather sanctimonious and is not the kind of tone of voice that will do Serif any favours with its userbase

Sorry if you saw it that way. I think that Ash has worded that post beautifully, I agree.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I've not long bought the Trinity three as it stated that I'll get free updates, but it looks like I'll get none, it feels like wasted money as I update my Windows and if this program stops working properly with it. I'm a new user to affinity and it feels like we're being fobbed off. If my software stops working then I'd never recommend or buy any software from serif again. And if this program does stop working, then my feelings of being robbed are not just feelings but rather a fact. And the way I seen the moderator stating there's no promise of a fix in a v1 update. I do support honest developers but on this occasion it don't sound like they are.

We may have to resort to a dedicated ssd drive with the last version of Windows that worked with affinity on it just for this program 😲

Edited by BigGandalf
To fix a mistake in my wording

• Staff

Welcome to the Forums @BigGandalf and we're sorry to hear you feel this way.

2 hours ago, BigGandalf said:

I seen the moderator stating there's no promise of a fix in a v1 update.

Please see the above linked post from one of our Windows devs, Mark - 

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

If you'd like to discuss your previous purchases and the upgrade to Affinity V2, I would recommend contacting our team at affinity@serif.com and we can look into this further for you - as the email address associated with your Forum account does not seem to be the same used with an Affinity ID - so I'm unable to locate any purchases or registrations from yourself currently.

As shown in the above link, our team has confirmed we're working to ensure V1 remains useable for some time, should you not wish to upgrade.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for letting me know - we have small team of staff working around the clock to reply to our users as soon as possible - there is certainly a delay currently due to the overwhelming support following the V2 launch, but we will be responding to each and every customer that contacts us, as soon as we can.

Thanks for your continued patience here.

Please note -

Many thanks!