Since upgrading to Affinity 1.7 my snapping settings have changed. Is there a way to revert to my old settings? For example, I often use a background pattern shape in my designs which new shapes snap to the geometry of. I see that I can turn that off by layer but that would be annoying to do for each new document. Also, I don't want to disable all snapping because I like it for snapping to: edges and center points (of the canvas and other shapes/objects), as well as key distances between shapes/object, so I can keep consistent spacing for example.

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 5.26.46 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 5.26.39 PM.png

Hi FluorescentTurban, 

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I'm entirely sure what the issue is here, it's possible before the update you had the Candidates set to Candidate list and limited it to a number which would mean you wouldn't have to exclude the layer from snapping.  We can't get the old settings back but the current snapping options are pretty much the same as 1.6. except overall improvements to snapping and how it functions.

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a config file or something where the snap settings are stored? I have backups of my machine so I could potentially revert to an older version of that file if it exists.