You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export multi-page PDF

Hi everyone

I just updated to Affinity Designer 1.7 on my iPad and noticed that my multi-artboard PDF documents in both the export persona and file > export only export as a continuous document with individual artboards pasted to one page, rather than a page for each artboard. 

I also have an issue (one that I have had since using the application) with selecting text on the exported PDF pages. When trying to highlight text on specific documents I export, it will highlight the entire page—making it impossible to copy or select anything at all. I’ve tried troubleshooting the issue myself, but no luck.

If you all can help me here, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi ChristianR, not much you can do except Export artboards individually until they fix this bug.

With  the text, I exported some text as PDF and placed (embedded)  the PDF back in the original file. Double tapped the embedded file to open it and I could then select individual letters (note they are objects now, not text). Used back arrow to return to main document.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

15 hours ago, ChristianR said:

Hi everyone

I just updated to Affinity Designer 1.7 on my iPad and noticed that my multi-artboard PDF documents in both the export persona and file > export only export as a continuous document with individual artboards pasted to one page, rather than a page for each artboard. 

I also have an issue (one that I have had since using the application) with selecting text on the exported PDF pages. When trying to highlight text on specific documents I export, it will highlight the entire page—making it impossible to copy or select anything at all. I’ve tried troubleshooting the issue myself, but no luck.

If you all can help me here, I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Flololo said:

I am facing the same problem as well - no chance to export a multipage PDF, instead getting one MASSIVE PDF the size of my entire workspace.

same export problem for multiple art boards !

Edited by Nico06

Hi ChristianR, Flololo,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
We are looking into this issue. It should be fixed in an upcoming up

When do you expect to solve this issue? Need to export a 120 pages book. Right now, affinity is useless for me. It is possible to go back to the previous version? The update is really bad. My work is almost impossible right now. Going back to AI.

I just updated to the newest version, the issue is still not fixed!

Can you please advice when you will fix this MAJOR problem or exporting artboards as separate pages or if its just all of us doing something wrong in the export process? Multi page PDF is the most important tool in a Design software workflow event if I understand you probably would prefer people to switch to Publisher instead of Designer for books & portfolios....

Edited by Flololo

On 6/20/2019 at 6:38 PM, Flololo said:

I just updated to the newest version, the issue is still not fixed!

Can you please advice when you will fix this MAJOR problem or exporting artboards as separate pages or if its just all of us doing something wrong in the export process? Multi page PDF is the most important tool in a Design software workflow event if I understand you probably would prefer people to switch to Publisher instead of Designer for books & portfolios....

Good Evening to everyone
I also need to export artboards  as separate pages, I need to maximize the productivity of my iPad.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi everyone,
This issue was already fixed in the internal builds. A customer Beta with the fix should be available soon before we officially release it as an update to the retail versions.
Thanks all for your patience and support.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:55 PM, ChristianR said:

Hi MEB,

Thanks for updating us. Do you have any updates on the text issue? Since I send the documents to large quantities of people, it’s important that they can select and copy text.

Are you all looking into this? :D

• Staff

Hi ChristianR,
Somehow I missed that paragraph, sorry. For me it copies and pastes all elements on the page, not just the text I highlighted/wanted. I believe that's what you are referring to correct? or aren't you able to copy/paste anything at all? Do you mind attaching a sample afdesign file for us to check please? Thanks.