You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot remove pasted image from Master Page (file attached)

First, I only recently discovered Affinity products. Big fan.

After i started this post, i realized there are two errors. Both relate to a pasted image from another program.

There are 3 images in the problem description.

1. Image 1: is a cybersecurity image copy/paste from paint.net
  2. image 2: placed image of a micrometer squeezing coins, from local directory
  3. image 3: re-pasted image 1, from paint.net

I am using beta 1.7.0.384. I looked for a similar report, but did not find one.

What i did:

1. Copied/pasted a screenshot from paint.net (image 1) onto a Publisher Master Page (left), new document.
  2. One text frame on each of two Master pages.
  3. Added text to actual pages, about 50 pages of Lorem Ipsum to learn text auto flow.
  4. From Master, adjusted text wrap of image 1.
  5. Placed a second, different image 2, on Master Page. Adjusted text wrap. Updates reflect correctly in thumbs and actual pages.

What broke:

1. Adjusting text wrap or moving the pasted image 1 did not update in thumbnail preview or actual pages.
  2. Image 1 cannot be removed from the actual pages.

Second error:

1. Pasted again image 1 (now image 3 ) onto Master. It was moved off the page to the pasteboard area (at nine o'clock). From Master, 'select all' will outline its position.
  2. Deleting image 3, then saving the file will crash the program.
  3. Image 3 remains in the file.

How i tried to fix it:

1. Deleted image 1 from Master. Thumbnails/actual pages did not reflect update.
  2. Saved/reopened the file. Image 1 is no longer on Master. However, image 1 is on all actual pages. Cannot remove.
  3. Delete image 3.
  4. Save file crashes program.

untitled.afpub

Ok first up I am new at this also, but

Image 2, I presume this is the image sitting across the centre of the master A spread, deleted from master and everything updated, seemed all good.

Image 3, the one on the canvas, selected master A, then went to view, view mode, and unticked clip to canvas, which made it visible and I deleted it, everything appeared to update.

Image 1, the tricky one, I deleted pages 4 to the end to make the file quicker to manage, and deleted the text frames from the master. Now if you select normal page 2 which has the image and go to layer tab, then use drop down on master page (the one with the orange edge), you will see that image file on its layer, and if you click on the layer, it will select it on the page, but it has the crosses that indicate you cannot edit it on this page, if you right click on the layer you do not get a edit detached option to edit it outside of the master page. If you go back to the master page, you simply cannot find the image to do anything with it. Whether this is a one off glitch or something in the settings I do not know and yes, it will crash the program as you continue to try different things.

I have however enjoyed the puzzle, and learned some stuff from it. Hope this helps a little bit :)

page 2 layer.jpg

• Staff

Hi both,

I'm not sure how it got into this state, but it looks like it thinks the master has got 2 images. You would need to select the mater layer on each page, detach it, edit it and then re-link it. Any chance you can replicate this from scratch in the latest build and tell us the steps? 

I'm logging the crash on save though

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.