You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

shift command does not work with new OS update

Works fine here. I am on OS 10.14.5 (Mojave), how about yourself.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Have basically the same setup as Bruce, not having that issue. Shift and command (for not contiguous item selection from a list, like Layers) work as they always has on Affinity and Mac OS in general. Also using a Wacom intuos pro tablet.

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

2 hours ago, CartoonMike said:

Have basically the same setup as Bruce, not having that issue. Shift and command (for not contiguous item selection from a list, like Layers) work as they always has on Affinity and Mac OS in general. Also using a Wacom intuos pro tablet.

As well: Mojave + Wacom. I have to create a Group and then add objects one by one to the group.

And I need to finish a book today :D:D:D

11 hours ago, brunhilda said:

As well: Mojave + Wacom. I have to create a Group and then add objects one by one to the group.

And I need to finish a book today :D:D:D

Don't know if this will be helpful, but what language is your Mac set up for? Mine is english and I'm assuming (from his previous posts, correct me if I'm wrong) Bruce's is English also. 

I'm also using an Apple Magic Keyboard with extended keypad. Again, just trying to find some thing that could be causing this issue. Are you using any key/type utilities like TextExpander? I had mine set up to automatically close parentheses and brackets and that caused issues when I was trying to increase brush size using the open bracket key. So maybe your shift and modifier keys are being remapped or something ...

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

14 hours ago, CartoonMike said:

Don't know if this will be helpful, but what language is your Mac set up for? Mine is english and I'm assuming (from his previous posts, correct me if I'm wrong) Bruce's is English also. 

I'm also using an Apple Magic Keyboard with extended keypad. Again, just trying to find some thing that could be causing this issue. Are you using any key/type utilities like TextExpander? I had mine set up to automatically close parentheses and brackets and that caused issues when I was trying to increase brush size using the open bracket key. So maybe your shift and modifier keys are being remapped or something ...

Thanks for taking care, Mike :)

Mine is English as well. And no special set-up, neither utilities.

Hi, I found the following on the Adobe website and it fixed this issue for me! Give it a go!

Thank you for contacting Wacom Customer Support. I am sorry that you are having this inconvenience with your tablet. I will be happy to help you. Like we talked, this could be due to some driver or preference file that is outdated or corrupt and it needs to be removed. Please follow the steps outlined below in order to completely remove the current driver and install the latest recommended driver:

First, disconnect the tablet from the computer.

Next, open Finder, then click on Go (at the top of the screen near the Apple menu,) and go to Applications. Locate any Wacom Tablet folder and open the Wacom Tablet Utility in it. Using this utility, please remove all user's preferences and uninstall the driver. (If uninstall is not available, click on the lock icon on the bottom of the window to enable this option. Make sure to create a back up of your preferences first if necessary.)

Restart the computer.

After removing the driver with the utility, please manually check if anything was left behind. Please open Finder, click on Go, and then click on Computer. Once there, please access your main hard drive (by default should be named Macintosh HD) and check if anything is left behind in the folders listed below, delete only the files listed if present:

In Macintosh HD:

Applications/Wacom Tablet

Library/Application Support/Tablet

Library/Frameworks/WacomMultiTouch.framework

Library/Internet Plugins/WacomTabletPlugin.plugin

Library/Launch Agents/com.wacom.wacomtablet.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.displayhelper.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelpter.plist

Library/LaunchDaemons/com.wacom.TabletHelper.plist

Library/PreferencePanes/WacomTablet.prefpane

Library/Preferences/Tablet

Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.RemoveTabletHelper

Library/PriveledgedHelperTools/com.wacom.TabletHelper

The same will have to be checked in any respective User’s folder on the system. On OS X 10.7 Lion or later, the User Library folder has been hidden. To access it, you must select 'Go' from the top of Finder and select 'Go to folder...’. Here, enter ~/Library  to access the current user's Library folder. Please check for Wacom related files in the Preferences folder and remove them if present:

Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.ProfessionalTablet.plist

Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtablet.prefs

Users/<your user>/Library/Preferences/com.wacom.wacomtouch.prefs

After this is complete then there should not be any leftover files of a previous Wacom driver file.

Restart the computer. When it comes back on, open Finder, go to Applications and then Utilities. Please use the First Aid tool in your Disk Utility to do a repair of your disk permissions.

Now download and install the latest driver from:

http://cdn.wacom.com/u/productsupport/drivers/mac/professional/WacomTablet_6.3.34-2.dmg

Restart the computer.

Once the installation is complete, and the system is stable, connect the tablet to USB. As always, make sure your tablet is connected directly to your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, keyboard/monitor ports, or docking stations with the tablets, as they can cause inconsistent behavior.

I hope the information provided helps. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further assistance, I will be happy to help you.

Thank you for choosing Wacom and have a creative day!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi brunhilda,

I've just tried this myself again on Mojave using an Intuos Pro with the 6.3.34-2 drivers installed and it is working fine for me.

Have you h0wi3's suggestion above? This should put you on the same drivers that I'm using as well.