You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik Collection 1 Issues

• Staff

All,

We have, this afternoon, managed to create a mitigation for the "Updating Fonts" message which macOS users have been experiencing when trying to use Nik Collection v1 plugins in Affinity Photo 1.7.

This fix will be tested overnight and if it proves to be adequate, it will be made available in the GM preview build in the beta forum tomorrow.

That build will be sent to the App Store and all customers will have it no later than 19th June.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Andy.

19 minutes ago, Hanterdro said:

great to hear... so all plugins from Nik 1.x will work again?

To bad, that I bought 2.0, because I expected that 1.x will never work again >:(

And the worst thing is that with Nik 2.0 the for me very important HDR plugin is not working *sigh*

Wasted 100 bucks because of that :S

They should have provided you with an upgrade option? I'd contact DxO. On a lighter note, those plugins used to be $150 EACH...

1 hour ago, dolunaykiz said:

They should have provided you with an upgrade option? I'd contact DxO. On a lighter note, those plugins used to be $150 EACH...

I used before the free Google version, and from my understanding that‘s what will be fixed here.

• Staff

If you have this problem please use the latest 1.7.1 beta instead of the 1.7.0 release build

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 months later...

Just upgraded to v.1.7.2.  Immediately did some initial testing with the "old" Nik Collection (which was already installed under v.1.6.11).

So far, Dfine, Presharpen, and Color Efex work fine. 

Thank you Serif for figuring out the issue between the "old" Nik Collection and v.1.7 and getting it fixed.  You save me and I am sure others from wasting the money on Nik Collection 2.

Good job!

• 1 month later...

I'm using the NikCollection-1.2.12 on a Mac App Store version of Affinity Photo 1.6.7 and avoided the 1.7 updates because of the Nik v1 plugin issues. The App Store no longer offers the 1.7.2 update, it's now 1.7.3. While this thread reports those issues resolved by the v1.7.2 update, I've seen other reports from people still having Nik v1 trouble with 1.7.2. So I'm bit confused. Can I confidently expect normal functionality of all or most of my Nik v1 plugins after installing the v.1.7.3 update?

4 hours ago, Zenfoto said:

Can I confidently expect normal functionality of all or most of my Nik v1 plugins after installing the v.1.7.3 update?

Hi, I am using APhoto 1.7.3 and have no problems with the NIK Collection 1. Everything works fine.

Puck

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

On 11/16/2019 at 1:59 AM, Puck said:

I am using APhoto 1.7.3 and have no problems with the NIK Collection 1. Everything works fine.

Hi Puck, since my original post, I learned something more about the Nik v1 plugins which raises another question I hope you can answer. As mentioned, I have the NikCollection-1.2.12 installed. However, DXO later produced Trial/Pay versions 1.2.14 and 1.2.18 which they still support unlike the v1.2.12. So it would be helpful to know, which of the three versions are you running with APhoto 1.7.3?

9 hours ago, Zenfoto said:

Hi Puck, since my original post, I learned something more about the Nik v1 plugins which raises another question I hope you can answer. As mentioned, I have the NikCollection-1.2.12 installed. However, DXO later produced Trial/Pay versions 1.2.14 and 1.2.18 which they still support unlike the v1.2.12. So it would be helpful to know, which of the three versions are you running with APhoto 1.7.3?

Hi Zen, I'm running version 1.2.11 ... I downloaded this version many years ago after google released it for free. I don't know the other versions you list.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-11-18 um 08.37.39.png

iMac 2017, 16 GB RAM, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6 (22G630) - Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

2 hours ago, Puck said:

I'm running version 1.2.11 ... I downloaded this version many years ago after google released it for free. I don't know the other versions you list.

Thanks again Puck. I still have that installer as well. If you want to try version 1.2.12, the last free update, see first link below. The other two links provide info about 1.2.14 and 1.2.18 (Nik Collection 2018) as well as a download to 1.2.18 (free 30 day trial)

Nik Collection 2012 - Nik Collection by DxO
https://nikcollection.dxo.com/nik-collection-2012/

Is it still possible to get the free download version of the Nik Collection?
https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001439187-Is-it-still-possible-to-get-the-free-download-version-of-the-Nik-Collection-

Nik Collection by DxO – Customer Support
https://support.dxo.com/hc/en-us/categories/115002389907-Nik-Collection-by-DxO

2 hours ago, Zenfoto said:

Thanks again Puck. I still have that installer as well. If you want to try version 1.2.12, the last free update, see first link below. The other two links provide info about 1.2.14 and 1.2.18 (Nik Collection 2018) as well as a download to 1.2.18 (free 30 day trial)

Thank you very much, Zen. But as I always like to say: Never change a running system! :) [But I downloaded 1.2.12 (just in case)] ... :D