Sharkey

No Split = can't be bothered

I asked for "My Work" to be split AP/AD and now A/Pub.

Just can't be bothered to scroll /search etc etc etc just to find a photo. worked in AP..

Lazy - who cares just not bothered. Other sites available.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Are you talking about a "preview" when opening an AD or AP file? I've noticed that I no longer have that preview available in AD as well. I just figured it had to do with the Micro$loth update that I had to fight with (they always overwrite my sound drivers with garbage that turns my creative X-Fi card into a tone generator which can only be shut off by unplugging the speakers) all because it could allow someone to violate DRM by using "what you hear".

Microsoft Bill the DRM shill, gotta love him!

On 6/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, Smee Again said:

Are you talking about a "preview" when opening an AD or AP file? I've noticed that I no longer have that preview available in AD as well. I just figured it had to do with the Micro$loth update that I had to fight with (they always overwrite my sound drivers with garbage that turns my creative X-Fi card into a tone generator which can only be shut off by unplugging the speakers) all because it could allow someone to violate DRM by using "what you hear".

Microsoft Bill the DRM shill, gotta love him!

No idea what this is about.

16 hours ago, retrograde said:

Say what Sharkey?

Are you talking about separating the designer/photo/publisher work shown here in the forums?

If so I tend to agree.

Yes - thank you - we are the only ones though.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

58 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

No idea what this is about.

Yeah, I guess not since that isn't what you were talking about . . . but at least it was cleared up for me. You'll just have to keep guessing what I was talking about as I misunderstood your first post and thought you were talking about something I had just noticed in AD.

Might as well chuckle at my mistake 'cause I can't change it.

Have a great weekend.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:48 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Not so it's been discussed in depth before.

Yup. I know.

Still good idea.  Think the lack of support may be a matter of number. eg. Not enough users to justify three streams on the site.

Certainly, I would visit a bit more but I don't suppose there are enough Affinity users on the site committed to posting their work.

The forums are not "mine" and I will need to run this by other interested parties. I hope they agree with us.

Even if they don't get split, I am willing to "tag" all the posts here, as long as the filter by "forum and tag" works well (i need to check). So seeing only the ones you are interested in should be easier either way

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.