You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Split = can't be bothered

Sharkey

I asked for "My Work" to be split AP/AD and now A/Pub.

Just can't be bothered to scroll /search etc etc etc just to find a photo. worked in AP..

Lazy - who cares just not bothered. Other sites available.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Are you talking about a "preview" when opening an AD or AP file? I've noticed that I no longer have that preview available in AD as well. I just figured it had to do with the Micro$loth update that I had to fight with (they always overwrite my sound drivers with garbage that turns my creative X-Fi card into a tone generator which can only be shut off by unplugging the speakers) all because it could allow someone to violate DRM by using "what you hear".

Microsoft Bill the DRM shill, gotta love him!

• Staff

When things are less busy I would like to do this for everyone

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

o.O

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

On 6/13/2019 at 5:59 PM, Smee Again said:

Are you talking about a "preview" when opening an AD or AP file? I've noticed that I no longer have that preview available in AD as well. I just figured it had to do with the Micro$loth update that I had to fight with (they always overwrite my sound drivers with garbage that turns my creative X-Fi card into a tone generator which can only be shut off by unplugging the speakers) all because it could allow someone to violate DRM by using "what you hear".

Microsoft Bill the DRM shill, gotta love him!

No idea what this is about.

16 hours ago, retrograde said:

Say what Sharkey?

Are you talking about separating the designer/photo/publisher work shown here in the forums?

If so I tend to agree.

Yes - thank you - we are the only ones though.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

we are the only ones though.

Not so it's been discussed in depth before.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

58 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

No idea what this is about.

Yeah, I guess not since that isn't what you were talking about . . . but at least it was cleared up for me. You'll just have to keep guessing what I was talking about as I misunderstood your first post and thought you were talking about something I had just noticed in AD.

Might as well chuckle at my mistake 'cause I can't change it.

Have a great weekend.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:48 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Not so it's been discussed in depth before.

Yup. I know.

Still good idea.  Think the lack of support may be a matter of number. eg. Not enough users to justify three streams on the site.

Certainly, I would visit a bit more but I don't suppose there are enough Affinity users on the site committed to posting their work.

• Staff

The forums are not "mine" and I will need to run this by other interested parties. I hope they agree with us.

Even if they don't get split, I am willing to "tag" all the posts here, as long as the filter by "forum and tag" works well (i need to check). So seeing only the ones you are interested in should be easier either way

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

So I have looked into this and I have changed my mind (for now) about a workable solution to the problem. The difficulty with splitting this forum by product is that there are a number of projects that are created in Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer or more recently some Affinity Photo AND Affinity Publisher (or Affinity Designer AND Affinity Publisher). It would now be obvious where to put those projects if we had per-product sub-forums. Consequently we have spent some time tagging a lot of the posts (recent posts, regular contributors posts, post with many replies and post with many views) according to the application they were made in.

This is my initial results.

Affinity Designer posts in share your work

Affinity Photo posts in share your work

Affinity Publisher posts in share your work

In addition to using consistent tagging on around 1/3 of the 3200+ posts here (so far), we have set the application as the "prefix" tag, meaning it appears before the thread title in red. By scanning down the front page of this forum you should see any work that may interest you using that red tag. [Any we have got wrong can be corrected by the OP, but I think I have done quite a good job] 

Unfortunately I cannot find any way to search for more than one tag (like "Affinity Photo" AND "Affinity Designer") in these off the shelf forums. So as a work around, any share your work threads (that I can tell from the text or the tagging was) made in more than one affinity application is also tagged "multi" (as well as the application tags themselves) in case you are interested in jobs that use a mixture of applications specifically.

When a new post is made please tag with the application it was made in, so the searches above work. If anyone forgets we will add the app (if we can tell) and we will also set the application tag. If this solution is thought not to resolve this issue then we will stop, but I think it helps a lot. Many of the remaining untagged posts could be addressed by reading the contents and a moderator adding the right tag. If you are the author of one of these untagged posts please feel free to edit the tags yourself so they show up using the searches above.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

As a matter of interest (and as part of the process to achieve the above) "Affinity Designer", "Affinity Photo" "Affinity Publisher" and "Multi" are now auto-suggested when adding tags in any forum.

To use them you (unfortunately) need to start typing one 'a' or 'm' is sufficient for them to appear.

We have done application tagging for all 500+ posts going back to Jan 2019 and many others (more than 1200) from earlier, so more than half of all "share your work" threads are application tagged.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd