You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFP beta 1.7.1.140 HSL crash

Well, I thought the HSL crash had been fixed in 1.7.1.140 (see 

), but it just bit me again -- twice.  Here are the logs:  AFP 1.7.1.140 HSL crash.zip .  Curiously, it takes a rather long time for the system to catch the crash and/or generate the log.  Could this be a by-product of the fix?

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

Another HSL crash.  This time, I was only working on the document that caused the crash (i.e., there were no tabbed windows open in AFP), and I had restarted AFP before opening the raw file and developing it.  Here is the log:  AFP 1.7.1.140 HSL crash #3.zip

Richard Liu

Several more crashes with the same document, always when I try to insert an HSL adjustment layer.  I will omit the logs unless instructed to send them.

Richard Liu

• Staff

Hi again Richard,

Thanks for the extra reports - a different issue this time, but one which I am aware of and will make every effort to fix before the GM tomorrow..

As an aside, here is a quick way to interpret the crash reports:

1.) Figure out which thread number crashed - should be near the top of the file, zero in this case - eg:

Crashed Thread:        0

2.) Scroll down the crash report to find that thread number - eg.

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

3.) Look at the lines immediately below - in your case:

0   liblibpersona.dylib               0x0000000114872f3a HSLRangeControlView::Draw(Kernel::Counted<Raster::Buffer<Raster::Red8, Raster::Green8, Raster::Blue8, Raster::Alpha8, Raster::X5> >) + 3786

This is a bug with the drawing the HSL range control - your previous reports crashes somewhere inside Intel_CHAL_Driver::GetWorkSize() - a GPU problem.

Thanks again for your help - hopefully this will all be sorted for you in the GM build tomorrow :)

Andy.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.