You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Performance Limit IPad Pro 12,9“

• Staff

Hi Generoso,

There isn't a performance limit as it would vary across iPads and depend heavily on the document being edited. However I would say that if you have a very large document with lots of layers/adjustments you should expect performance to take a hit as iPads aren't as high spec as computers.

Thanks

Callum

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi Generoso,

There isn't a performance limit as it would vary across iPads and depend heavily on the document being edited. However I would say that if you have a very large document with lots of layers/adjustments you should expect performance to take a hit as iPads aren't as high spec as computers.

Thanks

Callum

Thx for this fast Answer,  do you have any Tips to do it better? In Film i edit „proxy’s“ and later i use the original file... is the same in Affinity Photo possible ? Can i rescale without losing Quality ?

• Staff

You can't edit proxys I'm afraid. The best advice I can give is to flatten layers you no longer need to make edits to. However you will need to keep in mind that this is destructive so you will not be able to edit any adjustments once you have flattened them.

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Callum,

quick question I understood the newer iPad Pro were faster at working rendering than the current laptops Mac book pro’s this was mentioned in rendering 4K movies upon exporting, in other posts not here.

just asking as I was wishing to update the iPad Pro 1 to the current iPad Pro in July - are we saying not worth while ? When working with affinity photo and design in iOS ?

Regards Rob 

1 hour ago, Rob Chisholm said:

Have you just noticed this happening Generoso in the recent update perhaps ?

i only ask as the zoom in and out hangs about and the erasers lags 1.3 seconds to 4 seconds behind since I updated working with the same projects.

Yea when I paste more image or when I do composing hangs, but not only erase all tools, resize, move or layer options

Hi Generoso,

i wait for all the exciting updates and see, really the iPad Pro for money should have been a none starter for use as an extra monitor with laptop working with Final Cut  

3 years in for me and apparently it happen, with iPad Pro version ? Or are we saying OS 13 covers it all I wonder.

files um Android years ago you can plug and play usb read files write files, I mean years ago.

Currently iOS is a 8 character digit only in a folder named DCIM that a real painful pleasure buying a SD card reader which when you deposit files with names nothing is read, audio files a none starter.

thats me moan over, new iPad Pro just over a £1,169 uk money, cheaper than a Apple Mac stand for a monitor £700 someone said in the news recently