You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Import of encrypted PDF fails silently

The import of an encrypted PDF fails silently. There is no warning, that you are going to import an encrypted PDF. Latest versions of Designer and Photo give you the warning that the file uses a non-supported encryption ... leads to the question which encryptions are supported? For my test I selected password protection with encryption level 128-Bit-AES.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

I've encrypted a PDF using 128bit AES and received the warning seen in other apps. What are you using to encrypt it? Can you attach the encrypted PDF?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I have to correct myself (a bit). The warning comes up, when you open the file directly, but not when you want to place it.

Edit: Still a question open. The warning seems to indicate, that there are encryptions supported, but which ones?

sheared-table.pdf

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.