Short things short, I imported abr brushes from photoshop to affinity photo, some of them work all right, some of them have some weird lines and look really unlike they originally do, and some of them are a real mess. For now I'm posting only 1 example with weird lines and brush looking quite different, later on I'll update the post with ones where it's really messed up.

Here's a comparison between AP (Affinity Photo) and PS(Photoshop).

ozq0opp.png

Abr brush pack is obtainable from here:
Deviant art brushes

In both scenarios used brush is as 5. As shown in image above.

BUMP

Like I said, I've chosen some random brushes from that pack and made a comparison. Most of Affinity Photo brushes look garbage, they seem to always have same opacity (looks like variety ain't a thing). With chains for example the distance between each chain is completely messed up and I'd say none of these are usable for real.

HitKdBa.png
nl3TblJ.png

Also note, AP and PS (red text) were made using the same brush with some chinese name that I can not repeat or type.

Edited by Koniotaur

Hey Koniotaur, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Do you know who made the brushes and would it be possible for you to upload one of these brush packs to this private Dropbox folder so the developers can investigate?

All of brushes I've shown come from 1 pack - Brush Pack v3 by Fenris31 on deviantart - link to it is in first post. Also I have uploaded that brush pack to that dropbox.

I'm sorry you are feeling discouraged but I understand. Unfortunately, I have little influence on how the developers prioritise bugs. At the moment we have a general issue with importing .abr brushes is being worked on. I'm not sure if this particular issue will be resolved along with it. 

I realise that this is a crucial feature for those of you who are leaving Adobe for our products and need to import your brushes for work. I have bumped the bug report each time this thread has been bumped, as well as other threads where this is raised.

I can only apologise that this still hasn't been resolved.