Status: Customer Beta
Purpose: Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download DMG: Download
We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of the second beta of Affinity Photo 1.7.1 for macOS.
If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.
This beta is an incremental update to the 1.7 version recently released to all customers. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.
Affinity Photo Team
Changes This Build
- Fixed brush performance issues on big documents.
- Further startup fixes for 10.7, 10.8.
- Fix crashes on Intel GPUs in macOS < 10.14.
- Fixed crash when adding a mask when editing selection as layer.
- Fixed noise filter crash when changing layer.
- Fixed Levels Metal implementation in CMYK.
- Reduce bloat when resaving 1.6 files.
- Improve Live filters appearance.
Changes Since 1.7
- Documents restore properly after a restart.
- Made inpainting fast again.
- Gamut check works again in soft proof.
- Fixed selection refinement working only once per document.
- Fixed posterise adjustment.
- Fixed legacy selective colour adjustments rendering wrong when they have children.
- Fixed startup crash on 10.7, 10.8. (still does not run apparently)
- Fixed potential crash in HSL adjustment.
- Fixed mixer brush crash.
- Fixed TIFF loading with Edit In extension.
- Fixed crash when adding a live filter when in "Edit selection as layer" mode.
- Fixed rogue toolbars on update.
- Fixed startup crash for some Intel GPU users.
- Fixed live denoise filters when repositioned in layer stack.
- Fixed export bugs / crashes / weird questions.
- Fixed marching ants in Metal view.
- Fixed shadows & highlights filter.
- Help improvements.
- Localisation improvements.