You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You can add page numbers, but adding chapter and section numbers you'll need a feature like InDesgin "Define variable" based on a paragraph or character style and then Insert variable.

Unfortunately, it's not available right now in publisher, I was going to make a feature request post for this but the dev team is busy fixing bugs before official release now instead of adding new features.

I used it before to add chapter titles on the running head, it's very useful too for scientific books and dictionaries/indexes.

7 hours ago, toutou123 said:

Unfortunately, it's not available right now in publisher, I was going to make a feature request post for this but the dev team is busy fixing bugs before official release now instead of adding new features.

That is not an excuse for not posting such a request.  They may not implement it for this release (I wouldn't expect them to at this point) but that doesn't mean they won't add it to the list of things to consider for later.

As fde101 said anytime is a good time for such a request. I could find several uses for such a Section, Subsection etc. series of auto fields.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.