You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.7.0.376 crashes when scrolling

A Publisher document that I have been working on for some time now has suddenly decided to crash (close actually) for no apparent reason whilst simply scrolling through the document. This does not happened with any other publication I have created.

This morning as I began this report, a new Beta version became available (1.7.0.384) which I uploaded and installed. I opened this document with the new version and just scrolled down the pages, nothing more, and sure enough it crashed also.

I have previously opened this publication by itself (nothing else running on my PC) to see if other programs may have been affecting it, but it still crashed. It has done this numerous times. On re-starting the application if there were unsaved edits, the document recovery message appears allowing me to save again to lock in those edits. However the application crashed when I scrolled down a couple of pages.

The only thing different about this publication to others that I have created is that this one uses blank picture frames as place-holders for images I have yet to acquire. I'm not sure that this has anything to do with the problem, its just an observation. 

Other documents continue to work just fine.

I am using an Acer Aspire 5471 laptop running Windows 7 version 6.01 (Build 701 Service Pack 1). I have enclosed a copy of the document for review.

WASS History Booklet.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.