You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0.384 - copy paste = increase height of cell

Something very odd going on here!

I get the same bug.

Try copy "TEST" and then pasting outside of the table (as Artistic Text).

Same result... "TEST" appears, then a number of additional lines judder into existence.

393208696_AffinityCopyPasteTableText.gif.5bca61555334f4f4c65e25357f993d64.gif

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

i have seen this issue too, I had it in the previous beta too, so I hoped the RC1 would solve this. And it was quite extreme: the last row of the table, which was empty, could not be properly deleted, and grew very huge, and sometimes became even bigger... I could neither manually drag the row to be smaller nor change the numerical value to make it "normal" again. This seems like quite a serious bug. It occurs rather randomly, and at first I thought either the document was corrupted, or the data. It was copied from Word, as I could not import the table directly. Perhaps there is some kind of formatting data being copied too? :(

Funny, never noticed in the other versions. But with every action the cells get bigger in height. Even adapting cell to content makes them bigger not smaller, every Text Style formatting makes it bigger. So right now, tables are unusable flawed.

Two Three more observations:

1. Selecting text with double-click or CTRL-a the cell does not get higher, copying with triple-click makes it higher.

2. Place the cursor into an empty cell (there must be cells right of it), key combination CTRL-a selects the empty cell plus the neighbour cell.

3. Place the cursor into the last empty cell of a row, key combination CTRL-a selects the complete row plus the complete row below.

Edited by Joachim_L
Added information

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I found I had this issue a short while back.
I'd been updating the versions as they had been released.
Found that when I uninstalled, deleted the AppData folder for Publisher in my user folder, and then re-installed as new the problem went away.

However it has re-appeared in 1.7.376 so I have just uninstalled that version and re-installed the 1.7.384 version.

And... it's still broken but...  try this...

Create your table and enter text into a cell.
Now double-click the cell to select the contents and paste into another cell. It should cause the height of the bottom row to increase.

Delete the pasted text - keep the text that was in the first cell.
Now select the text by highlighting the text characters with the mouse, then copy and paste into a new cell.
For me this doesn't cause the cell height to increase.
it "looks" like the first method is picking up some sort of non-printing character that causes the last row of cells to "go bananas" when it's pasted into another cell.

So although clearly broken, maybe this will work for you??

Windows 10 Home - 8Gb / Windows 10  Pro - 96Gb

Affinity Publisher 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Photo 1.7.3.481 - Affinity Designer 1.7.3.481

11 hours ago, postmadesign said:

I made a screen capture to show how weird this behavior is

This bug has been eradicated a while along and now it has reappeared again (regression).

I think what's happening is that when you double-click the cell to select its contents you also select the end of cell character and then when you paste it to another cell it copies that as well and the table get's corrupted.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Additionally: triple clicking (to select all) in the mutant grown cell and hitting delete freezes Publisher.

Has to be killed from Task Manager.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I'm having a really frustrating time setting up an exam paper.

WORKAROUND:

I copied and pasted the entire table and the problem was gone.  First I pasted the entire table into a new document and then the problem-free table back to my document, but found that it worked when I just did it inside my document as well.  So I just selected all the cells and copied the entire thing and pasted it again, the I deleted the faulty table.

Hope this works for you as while they find and fix the bug. :236_bug:

Edited by SuperMrRudolf
Found a workaround

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.