You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just a shout out to Serif!

Thisone is just a shout out to Serif. After yet another different project I'm working on, and working in 1.7 now, there are so many big and little details that are so well thought through in Affinity Designer. Of cource some things can be better or added and there are always wishes, but working on a daily basis professionally with (in my case now mainly) Designer is just such a nice experience. Everytime I find new pretty little details in the UI making our design life so much more fun!

Conflicting keyboard shortcuts??
Like today I found out that when you enter two conflicting keyboard shortcuts in the keyboard shortcut preferences, Affinity is so clever it's not holding you from using two the same shortcut keys for different tools; Affinity than just interpret that keyboard shortcut as a toggle to toggle between both tools with that keystroke!! That's just absolutely briljant!! No more looking for a still empty shortcut or swapping other shortcuts around, just add the same keystroke and use it with a toggle! Very quick to setup and zero frustration! Just a smile on my face and telling to all my colleagues what great software this is! I like it! :)

Multiple paths in your undo?
How convinient the new history panel is! Not only is it great to slide through your history with such speed, but that we now can use branches (like in software programming versioning systems) is just briljant! It's just so much fun to use and everything works so fast and reliable!   :)

The crop tool uses snapping too!
Yes! Even when using the crop tool to crop, in my case in the project I'm working on, raster images in Designer, we can use snapping while cropping!! That's nice!!

The such intelligent snapping
When you realise snapping let you snap everything to the positions of the last objects you had selected.. damn... that is such a great way to quickly snap to whatever you like to snap to with a minimal amount of thinking. You just select two objects you would like to align your object (or wathever) with... and it just works!! That's just fantastic and very reliable! No more wondering why help-lines don't show up or snapping doesn't work... just select objects and you just let Designer know you want to align/snap to those objects! Such a great idea! :)

There's way more to tell, like the easy switching between the pen tool, the node tool... the great performance of the software on even large files with fast zooming and zooming in so much, the incredible isometric tool that is wonderful, the clean dark interface making me love looking at it and feel at home with, whereever I am, and so much more... but than I could go on forever here...

Just wanted to shout out to Serif and say thanks!! Yes we have a lot of whishes and not everything is perfect nor the way we would like to see some things (which makes sense since it's still young software and it's already impressive how such a small team manages to accomplished so much already with such passion and enthousiasm, obviously working very hard, even taking the time to be online on the forum and all... (also in weekends even!!). And there are moments I could realise that a little bit more. But just to let Serif know I think this software is just so much fun to use and I really enjoy all those little details you guys clearly put so much effort in being perfect for us users! Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciated!! :)

• Staff
18 hours ago, Friksel said:

just to let Serif know I think this software is just so much fun to use and I really enjoy all those little details you guys clearly put so much effort in being perfect for us users! Thanks a lot guys! Really appreciated!! :)

We're pleased to hear this and thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback :D

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.