When I type arrow keys(i.e. down then left) while typing Japanese(refer p1), the same sentence I typed will be added next to the sentence I typed.(refer p2)

on Japanese input, there are two steps to input text.
First, type a sentence I want and this is input preview and the sentence will be highlighted.(means it's temporary and not regular text)
Then when I type enter or return, it will be fixed as regular text and highlight on the text will be disappeared.

Usually if I type down arrow while previewing, I can choose predicted sentence below input preview.(refer p3)
But I can't choose predicted sentence on Affinity.

While previewing input, commands to manipulate predicted sentence are assigned to arrow keys on Japanese input.
So I'm supposed to be able to choose a predicted sentence with arrow keys.

p1.png

p2.png

p3.png

1 hour ago, ashf said:

Why the support is ignoring this topic and posting on another  topic?

Perhaps because they process problem tickets in the order they were created, and that topic was created 2 days before your topic.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Sorry we are so far behind since the 1.7 updates went live. Hopefully we can catch up with all threads soon, but frankly this doesn't seem to be working correctly yet so when it is addressed by QA staff it will probably just bump the report from the other thread as the cause and programatical solution are likely identical.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

@Patrick Connor
Please just check out another topic.
You should realize that you are making serious mistake though you don't understand since you live in English environment.

Hi ashf,

As I mentioned in the other thread I've now reproduced this issue and passed it on to development. Thank you for your help with this issue! :)