You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes after re-opening a saved file

Whenever I create a new file with a Word-document text placement (over 60 pages), I can save and save as the resulting file. After closing the file or closing Publisher I cannot reload those files as Publisher crashes on reloading or opening the file. It does so with edited and unedited files. See enclosed bug report for details.
I run Macos Mojave latest version, Dropbox and pCloud in the background and no other system tools or apps.
I think it has to do with the file that's saved as a file saved with a copy-paste text in stead of imported docx file does reload without issues. Also after editing. Seems docx text flowing is not yet working as expected.
Both bug report and the resulting file are attached.

bug report.txt

Regenboogjager onbewerkt.afpub

Downloaded your file. Made a minor change, saved and saved as ...

Both files opened without problem.

MacOS 10.13.6, APubl beta 348 on this end.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

Strange.
But... issue resolved after changing performances preferences from OpenGL to Metal. Now files do open. Changing back to OpenGL and files do not open.
So I expect it to be some sort of rendering issue? Anyhow, I use a MacBook Air Mid 2013 with latest Mojave iteration.
Maybe this helps in finding out the cause?

Thanks,
Anna
MacBook Air Mid 2013, MacOS 10.14.6beta, 4GB, Intel HD Graphics 5000
HP Elitebook G2 1040, Ubuntu 19.04, Wine, 8GB
iPad 2018 128GB

Edited by Anna Ros

22 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I've been unable to recreate this using an admittedly slightly later iPad Air. I've logged the crash report to see if a dev can see what's going on. Thanks for providing the info

I use a Macbook Air. So an iPad will not be showing this, they behave differently. I guess it's something to do with the graphics base of the system. Using metal is preferred over OpenGL for what I know about Apple. Strangely the deault setup used OpenGL and not Apple's metal.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.