You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, I bought both Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo for myself.

I will be working at a company for the summer and I was wondering if I can use the software for both myself and the company.

The company will provide me a laptop to work on and I was wondering if I could install it on the laptop and my home PC.

Only I will be using the software on every device, the company or any house relatives will have no access the software.

• Staff

Hi @Noel2415Live,

Welcome to the Affinity forum.

Assuming that all of the PC devices are Windows devices then you can use Affinity for Windows on any Windows computers you own or control. More information can be found here: https://affinity.store/help/

If they are Mac, then just replace "Windows" with "Mac" in the above sentence. If they are a mixture of both then would need a Windows and Mac licence to install on the devices you need to use.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Hi there, I tried to search the forums for the right question and this one was the closest I could tack on to, so thank you both for asking and replying.

I only have a small clarification to request, if possible: I work in a medium-sized company but I'm the only person who owns a personal license of Affinity Photo and Designer; my understanding is that it is allowed to be used on computers the user owns or controls - so my question is, considering that I am the only one in control of my account and that the software is only accessible through my account but other users could occasionally use the PC (without access to my software), does this qualify as being in control of said terminal?

Last thing I want is to throw legal spanners in the company's wheels, I'm actually trying to promote it within the office wherever possible to try and replace some of the competition's products.

Thanks again!
DQ