John Fleet

multiple documents in Publisher

Simple question - or if it's not possible a feature request. Can one have more than one Publisher document open at a time? If it's possible can someone tell me how to do it as selecting File/Open simply replaces the document on screen with the whatever the new document it...

11 hours ago, John Fleet said:

OK = I've invoked something called 'separated' mode which has achieved the desired result. Seems a bit odd!

When you're not in separated mode your various opened documents should have tabs in the main part of the user interface (much like tabs in a browser like Firefox, Chrome, etc.)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 and 1.7.1.390 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

So two different ways of opening multiple documents. Haven’t tried the top option – haven’t spotted that as a child.

So two different ways of opening multiple documents. Haven’t tried the tab option – haven’t spotted that as an option

But so far I’ve not been able to drag and drop between open documents. Is there a way to do this? 

14 minutes ago, John Fleet said:

But so far I’ve not been able to drag and drop between open documents. Is there a way to do this?

No, not right now. Maybe in upcoming versions (doubt this)? In the meantime copy'n'paste.