You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I’ve pre purchased Publisher beta, and believe it will get a name change. My question is, when it’s released will it be released on the App Store and available there to pre purchasers? Or will it be the downloadable model?

thanks

Robert

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

• Staff

Hi Harry McGovern,

Affinity Publisher will be available on the App Store after launch however people who have preordered from us will only be able to download it from our website.

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

You probably mean Publisher, I believe it will be then available through all common distribution channels, so also the MAS.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Sorry, I do mean Publisher. The reason I asked is that with the Apple App Store updates are automatic, and in addition the app is available in the Family sharing option.

A direct download loses these features by its very nature. One will have to rely on (possibly) manually updating the app if and when updates become available. System changes, modifications, indeed reinstalls, will create a situation where re-establishing a working copy will be fraught with the usual problems.

A suggestion perhaps would be to issue a Code that could be used on the App Store, to use in place of a direct download?

Robert

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

11 minutes ago, HarryMcGovern said:

A direct download loses these features by its very nature. One will have to rely on (possibly) manually updating the app if and when updates become available. System changes, modifications, indeed reinstalls, will create a situation where re-establishing a working copy will be fraught with the usual problems.

It's a trivial operation with the Affinity Store.

1. Sign in to the store with the email address and password you used to make the purchase.
  2. Download the latest update to the program.
  3. Install it.
  4. For family, copy to their computers (or sign-in to the Affinity Store from their computers), and install.

I think I read that the Mac versions purchased from the Affinity Store will even ask if you want them to auto-update. For the WIndows version you get a notification of a new update, and a button to go to the website to download it, but installation is manual. Still, a simple process.

Note: If you want to get Publisher from the Mac App Store you should be able to request a refund of your pre-order. Email affinityreturns@serif.com and they should be able to arrange it. However, you won't be able to get the beta-tester discount an gift if you buy from the MAS, just the usual launch-time discount (20%).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, HarryMcGovern said:

Sorry, I do mean Publisher.

There should be an ‘Edit’ link below your original post to this thread. You can use it to change both the topic title and the content of your OP.

I’m not privy to Serif’s internal discussions, but I’m pretty confident that no name change is planned at this late stage.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)