You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I had installed the 1.7 update but because of the problem with the NIK collection, I went back to 1.6 I am running Mojave and the old free version of NIK.  I realize now that I need to update to the new Nik collection to run with 1.7.  I know there are a lot of bugs in 1.7 but I'm sure they will all get worked out, but is the new Nik worth the $100.00?

Hard to tell and probably depends on how frequently you usually do use or make use of the NIK Collection.

Basically what the plugin integration only does is sharing an image here, meaning with an opened image in APh it's starting a selected NIK app and transfers the image over to that for manipulation, then later an image transfer again back from NIK to APh. - Strictly speaking you can get the same with a just shared image file in a temp folder where both APh and NIK work on. So the usage as a plugin is more or less a comfort feature for quicker turn arounds that's all.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2