You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Program crash by creating a new document

I downloaded the Affinity Photo 1.7 (the exact version number is 1.7.0.367) two days ago, and I began using the program, and today I ran into a relative big problem. When I try to create a new empty document (when I click on the OK button), the program is just crashing (it doesn't freeze nor stops responding, the program just simply closes itself, just like when I click on the close button of the window). With the opening of an image I have no problem. I don't know what causes the problem, and I don't know what should or what could I do to solve this.

Thank you for your help

Open a new document Photo.png

Update: Today I tried to reinstall the program (I went to the control panel on windows and I click to uninstall) but after the uninstallation, when I tried to install the program, the installer said "Setup failed". (After the uninstall I experienced that the icon of the program from desktop (what the installer made when it set up the program) did not appear.)

Try this tool from Microsoft to fix the problem:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

With regards to the crash, that is probably caused by your graphics driver (can you upload %APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\Log.txt ?). An uninstall and reinstall of your driver may fix it.

Dear Mark Ingram,

First of all I want to say thanks for you to answer my question, but unfortunately the troubleshooter did not work. I try to use the program that you recommended to me, but it did not found the program (it understandable because I have already uninstalled it). I tried to use the uninstall troubleshooter part of the program too, but this part of the program also did not find the Affinity Photo, so i should give to the troubleshooter a product code but I can not find it (because the program is uninstalled). I heve already tried to find files from the first installation in Windows File Explorer but I haven't found anything.

Edited by Tisza-Kiss Bence

• 2 months later...

First of all, I want to say thanks to your helping and I am really sorry, that I did not answer your comment, but I didn't have enough time to care about the bug itself. In the last days, I have tried all of I can do, so I have tried to install the latest version of Affinity Photo and install the newest drivers too, but they didn't help. Maybe good to know that I use a laptop that has a processor integrated graphical chip (Intel) and a dedicated Nvidia GeForce GT 520MX video card. Basically the PC use they alternately, and I have tried the different performance settings in the program too (only one of them or in WRAP mode), but nothing has changed.

Again I am really sorry for the late answer, but I had to concentrate on the university and other testes, so I hope you understand this. I don't know if I can do anything with this problem, but if you have any other idea, I would be really a pleasure for it.