You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Would appreciate constructive critic

Mireille G

Here are two words (same word with different look) I would like to know your opinion as to which you like best.

Secondly this letters are made up of a bunch of shapes with different colors placed side by side. Sometimes I can make the triangles meet perfectly and sometimes I cannot quite get 3 different triangle points form a perfect union. Is there a trick or shortcut to get this accomplished?

Thank you for looking and suggesting, critiquing even criticizing. I am a big girl I can take it. The idea is to improve.

post-11003-0-66237800-1431956293_thumb.jpg

post-11003-0-07347800-1431956295_thumb.jpg

Hi MireilleG,

I must confess, I like the second one better … it’s very beautiful … and here’s a possible solution: When you are using the node tool (I suppose you have converted the triangles to curves), Shift click each one of the triangles (to see the points), then make sure you have Snap to selected curves activated, and snap the desired points to each other …

Another trick: Shift click adjacent shapes with the node tool, then draw a marquee around the center point(s) you want to move and transform three (or four) shapes at once … (second video) …

Hope that helps, Alex  :)

Snap.mov

Move.mov